CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
If you guys want to make a grocery list, I can stop on the way Friday and grab 'em. Let me know. I'm going to bring some desert goodies to the cabin, and to TB.

The only game plan I have is to get pictures of everyone. I'll probably go out for one loop with my vid. camera and get some shots.

Lou, bring your helmet cam!!

With a group this size, we will probably naturally split up into groups. It's doubtful that everyone will be ready to go out at the same time. I would like to take everyone out for a semi short "easy" loop. Maybe take everyone around the "Main Loop" so they can see where it begins and ends. Then after everyone has gotten a feel for the terrain, I'd like to take out the "more experienced" ;) guys and crank up the speed and hit some hills. Brent (Yamahauler) can lead us for some swift miles through the trees Saturday. Any of you guys who are good trail leaders, feel free to lead. I like letting outsiders lead. They don't know the good from the bad. :debil:

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Originally posted by Yamahauler
5. Don't hit the mudholes. Most are DEEP...especially down by the lake.
This would have been valuable information to have BEFORE I went there last time! :scream:
I'm usually the first to make a bee line for puddles (they are rare in socal) but never again! :confused:

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Originally posted by gospeedracer

This would have been valuable information to have BEFORE I went there last time! :scream:
I'm usually the first to make a bee line for puddles (they are rare in socal) but never again! :confused:

That was one of the deepest ones! I wasn't sure if I could get the TTR out of that one. :)

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Originally posted by WaltCMoto
CAL, Irish,
Ive been wanting to ride at LBL, but it hasn't worked out yet. This looks like it may work out for me. First and most importantly, Ive recieved clearance from my understanding wife. Ill be coming late friday possible bringing with a son.
:yeehaw: :thumb:

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Originally posted by CAL

That was one of the deepest ones! I wasn't sure if I could get the TTR out of that one. :)

Where was this one at? I always get a kick out of stoping and taking a breather and watching a few (sorry for the profanity) quads :silly: trying to get through the "HUGE" mud hole on top of the hill on the big loop. It gets real interesting when they try to get Jeeps through it LOL. :p

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Irish, I'll show it to you.

Just added one more to the list. Mike (trsrdr's buddy from Sikeston) :thumb:

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Originally posted by CAL
Irish, I'll show it to you.

Just added one more to the list. Mike (trsrdr's buddy from Sikeston) :thumb:

:) I'm sure you will Corey! Glad to hear that the group is getting larger!

I am still awaiting word, but YZ400guy and Bob are a go, John however is suffering the curse of the YT and is hoping to have it fixed in time for the weekend.

Mikeb

~SPONSOR~
Jun 8, 1999
You can scratch off the 2 possibles I was gonna bring they are all headed to East TN to Coal Creek for the weekend. So its just me and "Paddy" (Patrick) my pit tootsie.

CAL dont worry about gettting food for us. We will get most of it when we get there.

Eddie there is a grill onsite. I will bring some charcoal. The restaurant is gonna be open. 7 am to 9 pm. Website site says "down home cooking" so that means everthing is fried. Sounds like breakfast is taken care of. We will work out the rest of it when we get there.

WaltCMoto .. Did you get my "pm". Also just realized they have some sort of lodge with hotel type rooms onsite. $45 a night and 2 beds, If sleeping on the couch/floor doesnt sound too appealing.

Last edited:

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
I have an air matress if anyone would like to use it. I also have a 4 man tent if anyone wants to camp.

KDX Kawboy

~SPONSOR~
Nov 5, 1999
The Honda/Suzuki/KTM shop in Owensboro,KY is having its anual ride on Sunday. Some friends and I will be coming down Saturday morning. Looks like a busy weekend at TB.

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Originally posted by KDX Kawboy
The Honda/Suzuki/KTM shop in Owensboro,KY is having its anual ride on Sunday. Some friends and I will be coming down Saturday morning. Looks like a busy weekend at TB.

:thumb: List updated.

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
Originally posted by Mikeb
WaltCMoto .. Did you get my "pm". Also just realized they have some sort of lodge with hotel type rooms onsite. $45 a night and 2 beds, If sleeping on the couch/floor doesnt sound too appealing. [/B]
Mikeb,
The couch would be OK to me, so Friday Ill show up and sleep wherever, and if it seems to crowded on Saturday, Ill get anouther room, the hotel type rooms are no problem. Ill go with the flow - wing it.

Cal,
the air mattress sounds good if you wouldnt mind getting it to the cabin or hand it off to someone who is staying there. Does it self inflate or do I need a pump? Will you be joining us for post ride festivities?

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
I am so looking forward to riding with everyone this weekend!

I would like to dedicate this ride to "Veteran's Day" coming up on the 11th.

I know I and a few others are too, but call me silly, but I would like to also devote this ride to those that are serving now. For Sat. Morning, if anyone is more eloquent(sp) then me please step up! Otherwise I would like to take a few min. on this weekend to remember.....Just a thought.......

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Originally posted by WaltCMoto
Cal,
the air mattress sounds good if you wouldnt mind getting it to the cabin or hand it off to someone who is staying there. Does it self inflate or do I need a pump? Will you be joining us for post ride festivities?

I have a pump. I'll bring it to the cabin Friday and pump it up for you.

I'll probably eat with you guys, but once the "swiggin" begins, I'll head out. I'm not a drinker (and I don't want to see Sarge chasin' Julius around in his underwear ;) )

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
It would be helpful if everyone could have their VIN # handy when you go to check in at Turkey Bay. Everyone will have to fill out a form to get a pass. It would save time to have all the info handy.

:thumb:

Forecast for Friday: 0% chance of rain....high of 59
Saturday: 10% chance of rain....high of 61
Sunday: 30% chance of rain....high of 63

It doesn't get much better than that boys!!! :yeehaw: :yeehaw:

AND girls! <---almost forgot. :)

Mikeb

~SPONSOR~
Jun 8, 1999
WaltCMoto. That is good news. Glad to hear your coming down. Most of us will be at the room around noon and then we plan to head on over to LBL for an afternoon ride and should be back around 5:30 or so. Let me know your plans so we can hide a key for ya if you plan on getting there between 1 and 6 pm. I will also bring a blow up type bed just in case.

With the rain at LBL right now dust will NOT be a problem. REMEMBER what Yamahauler said "Go around the puddles" ;) . LBL is rocky/sandy soil and in "most" places will drain well. Should be PERFECT weather. Aimee is 61 degrees too cold?

You know CAL I have NEVER been asked to put down my VIN# in the 3 times I have been there. The dude at the gate acted like it was only necessary if you wanted to buy a years permit. It was "sign here and give me $15 and you are good to go"

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Originally posted by IrishEKU
For Sat. Morning, if anyone is more eloquent(sp) then me please step up!
Now don't go confusing "eloquent" with "loquacious"! :p

(Yes, I'm just jealous that y'all are going riding without me. :whiner: )

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Originally posted by High Lord Gomer

Now don't go confusing "eloquent" with "loquacious"!

(Yes, I'm just jealous that y'all are going riding without me. )

:think: Your calling me loquacious? :)

:yeehaw: Nanner Nanner Nanner :yeehaw:

Corey, we may have to update the list yet again, I talked with YZ400guy, Adam, last night and it seems that a fellow officer is renegging on repaying a debt and pulling Staff Duty Officer on Sat. I asked if he could do the call in thing but it's for Brigade HQ and he is required to be there all day. He is going to get back to me tomorrow after he has had a chance to pull the guilt trip on the offending party and I will have more concrete information.

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Lou,

3 days, 10 hours, 31 min. 29 seconds :yeehaw:

What do you feed the pumkin? I can at least bring the fuel and pre-mix. As for anything else just ask away :thumb:

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Originally posted by Mikeb
You know CAL I have NEVER been asked to put down my VIN# in the 3 times I have been there. The dude at the gate acted like it was only necessary if you wanted to buy a years permit. It was "sign here and give me $15 and you are good to go"

You're probably right. I've never bought anything except an annual permit. Doh! :o I just assumed the sign in sheet was the same, only the $$ was different.

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Originally posted by IrishEKU
Corey, we may have to update the list yet again

Sorry, that ain't gonna happen. I'm not taking anyone else off. He's just going to have to show up and ride. ;)

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Originally posted by CAL
Forecast just changed to: High of 63 for Fri., Sat., & Sun. !!

:yeehaw: :yeehaw:

Whoo Hooo! (Corey stop doing that rain dance! It's pouring here :| )

I called YZ400guy but he was in a staff meeting, his Platoon Seargent took the message, I'm sure he thought I was loopy but I made him read it back to me word for word, I could almost here him thinking, "Man officers sure are crazy." :)

Top Bottom