fred2

Sponsoring Member
May 10, 2001
My wife went in for her 20 week ultrasound yesterday and found out that we're having a boy and a girl!!!! We're both very excited and I can't wait to start passing out cigars.

My riding time will be cut short for awhile but I think it'll be worth it. :D I was thinking about getting one of those little baby trailors for bicycles and putting it behind my KDX??? Put an extra rock shield in front of it or something like that????

Old CR goat

Sponsoring Member
Nov 10, 2000
Congrats!! It will certainly be worth the shortened riding time.
I have a daughter that just turned 2, don't know if I could do twins but then I'm an old fart. She's already trying to kick start the bikes when we sit her on one.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Congrats, you have hit the ultimate way to do it. A boy and a girl- one time shot with diapers and it's over. Many a time we wished we had gone the 2 kid route but at my wife's age;) it was to late by the time she convinced me I really wanted at least one.

raider

May 31, 2001
Congratulations! Talk about a 1-2 punch (getting both a boy and girl at the same time). My wife is due any day with our 3rd boy. This was the last chance to try for a girl and we've accepted the fact that we will have a testosterone filled house.

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Wooohooo!

Twins, huh? You ain't shootin' blanks... So I guess you'll be one those people with that annoying "Twins Run In Our Family" bumper stickers...you know...the sticker with the footprints on it? :p

Fun With Twins: If any drunks ever show up at your house, call both of the twins by the same name, and keep insisting that you only have ONE child.

Oh wait! It's a boy and a girl. Guess that won't work. Still, you're in for a lifetime of photo ops. Congratulations, fred!

You'd better get those matching KTMs in layaway NOW.

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Big congrats!

As the father of twin sons (age 9) all I can say is "God be with you!"

Seriously - it is very cool.

-jeffd

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
re: Twins run in the family

That's why we quit having kids! Got a 6 year old boy and 3-year old girl now, and any more we run the risk of a multiple. You see, my wife is a twin, she has an aunt and uncle that are twins, my mother is a twin, and I have twin cousins on my dad's side, so we thought one more may not be bad, but more than that would be too much to handle!

Zoinks!

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Well congratulations my friend! You better be double rubbing those feet for her now pal. You know that this just adds two more bikes to the garage not one! Ocotillo is near

Elk

fred2

Sponsoring Member
May 10, 2001
Thanks everyone!! It's been quite a rush so far and at this point we just hope that they're healthy. The sonograms showed 20 fingers and 20 toes so it's a start. I am having all of these visions of fights, things getting broken, more CRAP in the house and all I can do is smile. Elk, I really can't wait to add 2 more bikes in the garage. It'll give me more opportunities to ride. Maybe out of the 2 I can get one good riding partner like Elk Jr.

Here's a link to my "babys" web-site. http://www.geocities.com/gfreese65/BabyIndex.html
I update it every few weeks and I'll be putting the latest sonograms on there this weekend.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
:cool:

fred2

Sponsoring Member
May 10, 2001
I think that would be cute a few times but we don't plan on doing that. We'd like them to have their own personalities. Like maybe a KDX and a KTM? Whadda ya think 'bout 'dem apples? Sorry but they'll have to be dressed in Kawi green.

Actually I like KTM's and was checking out yours that day in Phelan. I love my KDX but you never know??????

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
And for heaven's sake, please don't let your kids grow up to be four strokers! You have the power right now to steer these young impressionable minds in the right direction. Play recordings of 2 strokes near your wife's belly, they will love the sound. Forget the classical music! Start watching Crusty videos with your wife, even is she is sleeping it doesn't matter, the youngins will enjoy the flicks! And the most important thing, when they are born, have a bottle of premix to spray on them as they come out of the womb. It helps them slide right out and they also get the taste of premix which will keep them on the right path! My wife was a little PO'ed about the oil but she was a little pre-occupied to yell at me.

I'm here to help, I just want you to know that my fellow DRN brother!

Elk

TUCK

Sep 9, 2001
Congrats Fred2 I also am the father of 5yr old twin boys,and an 8mth old girl.Twins are a blast! The first couple of months you dont' get much sleep,
but after that it gets much easier.Then they hit you up for PW50's.
Good luck ! Sleep while you can.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Fred (DCMG). Congratulations on the twins. That is really great.

And for heaven's sake, please don't listen to that elk guy. He has inhaled way to many pre-mix fumes. There is one side effect to playing two stroke sounds for your un-born children that elk didn't mention. The spooge that you and your wife will have to clean up after the kids are born will be incredible.:scream:

Plus, by the time the kids are old enough to ride, two smokes will have been outlawed for several years. And the spooge police will be searching out guys like elk who have them hidden in their garages. BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

OH! Wait a minute, what the hell am I laughing about. By that time, I'll be dead.:confused:

J_dem_Bones

Jun 23, 2001
Ya fred, chris, george,
Congradulations!! I have twin sisters(pain in the @ss). Glad to hear your wife is healty and you haev healty kids! :)
Buying two of everything is going to be exspensive! I guess it was a good thing they were girls and didn't want to ride...hehe:cool:
Best of luck to you and your wife!!

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Great big congrats !

Been there did that! 15yrs.old boy, boy, blue eye'd blonde hair, identical. your in for some real fun :p better go buy them two pw50's right now!

RoadRash

Sep 13, 2000
I have a twin sister so I feel like I have some knowledge of the subject. Let me tell you how it worked for me.
Age 0-5 Can't remember
6-10 Fought over everything (except dolls)
11-13 Got along ok
14-17 Either her friends like me or I liked them. But always had different groups of friends.
18-Present. Great friends, always looking out for each other. Actually for the last 28 years my motto has been don't mess with my sister! Congrats, if your kids are half as great as me you will be blessed (only kidding). Twins are an experience you will love.

MXDad

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 25, 2000
Congrats Fred!!

Don't listen to Elk, he's had way too many days in that "no air" El Camino and the heat has fried his brain cells.

Actually, twins are an omen: 4 eyes, 4 legs, 4 arms, ......4 strokes!!! :p When you're maintaining those bikes when the twins are young, you'll be glad to have the easily maintained, smooth power, reliable 4 strokes for them to play on.

Get ready - life is changing in a big way!! (all for the best!)

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
Although I have to admit that the new 4-strokers are getting better and better, I'm actually a convert from the dark side, and I don't see myself going back until I ride this one into the ground!;)

fred2

Sponsoring Member
May 10, 2001
I'm a green 2-smoker to the core so my first wish will be to see 2 little 2-smokers beside mine. But I agree with 89r that they'll probaby only hear stories of the good ole pre-mixin days. Of course when they get their PW's I'll probably be "FORCED" to the darkside. If that means that the environmentalist will get off of our backs I'll take a 4-stroker. Maybe they'll give some of our land back.... right!!

I'll hang on to my KDX and guns and see which one they try to take first. This should be interesting. :p

Thanks for all of the support. Taking on twins should be interesting so keep sending me "good" things about having kids.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom