shifty1408

Jan 5, 2001
At the end of my ride on Sunday I noticed that my bike started making a whiring type of sound. I'm not sure if anyone else has experienced this noise. Whiring is the best that I can explain it and it seemed to get higher pitched with higher rpms. I was thinking that it was possibly the water pump, but am not sure. The bike is only five months old and has the following mods: air box, reeds, FMF pipe and silencer, stock jetting. My first enduro is in 2 weeks and this noise concerns me. Where should I start? One last thing, the conditions were very dusty and I have yet to clean the filter could lack of air flow cause the sound?

Dean

Mac

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 17, 2000
Had a similar noise this past weekend after casing a rock, thought I did a bit of damage but found the source was my newly christened skid plate which shifted slightly during my "incident". It resonated with the engine RPM and sounded like a clutch problem. I located the problem back in my garage with the bike running on the stand. I started poking around then touched the skid plate and the noise went away. A little silicon rubber in the right spot does wonders. Also added a dab of silicon to my aluminum disk guard to quiet it down.

Last edited:

shifty1408

Jan 5, 2001
Noise

Mac,
Thanks for the reply!! I also just installed a skid plate (Moose) a Scotts rear disk protector and Works Connection frame guards. It has to be one of those pieces vibrating. I will look into it tonight. Thanks again...

Dean

Top Bottom