John.T

Aug 2, 2001
Hi I just got my new to me CR250(2001) and it is bone stock, and right now it runs a little rich but it is good once I get into the meat of it, if I let the bike sit for about 15 seconds it will smoke abit when I take off, but it's no biggie. My question is, I washed the bike, when I was done I started it, and it died after 5 seconds so I changed the plug, and it started after about 5 kicks, but after that the whole ride the bike ran rich off the bottom, it would smoke when I pinned it in first gear??? But after that it cleared out, but when I let off the same thing happened.Now is this something to do with the water(washing the bike)? I also do have to clean the filter because this was after a 2 hour ride(which the bike ran fine) however it was in tight trees so maybe I gummed up the PV's? But ill let you guys take it from here>?

David Trustrum

~SPONSOR~
Jan 25, 2001
You washed it so start with the obvious. Drain the carb & tank looking for water bubbles rolling around the bottom.

While you are at it clean the airfilter, it is the filter for your engine, buy a spare & swap it when you can’t be bothered cleaning it.

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
You might have gotten water in the air filter when you were cleaning it. Your air screw might need some adjusting.

Top Bottom