What a lovely weekend!

OnAnySunday

Big Pig
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2000
lost in the deserts of NM
Then SPLAT!

Decided to ride at the Glade Run area at Farmington today as i havent been there in a while.
Last time there was some big accident with..... one of those 4 wheel vehicles -w- handlebars.... and the police were all over checking everyone out.
(no sweat for me. im offroad plated.)

So, as im headed back to the trailer i see a Sherrifs car rush by the other way.
Hmmmm.
Back at the truck i hear someone saying that a (ahem) 4 wheeled handlebar had had a real bad wreck.

I'm wondering if this is a weekly occurence out there??
And how long it will go on until they close the Glade as "unsafe".

Mustve been 20 or so 4WH's out there, and out of them 2 had helmets on.
Geeeeeezzzzz!!!!!
I mean most of 'em were late teens/ early twenties, so you would think they are capable of........human thought.
At least wear a friggin HELMET for gosh sakes!!!!

To add an extra coal to the fire some dimbulb took a Banshee to the paved section of road and did a 2 minuite tire smoking burnout.
:uh: :uh:
Gee, now daddy has to buy kiddo new tires huh?

Aaaaaaarrrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhh!
MORONS!!!!

My apologies. I know this has been done done & overdone.
But i just had to vent.
Please delete if unapropriate.

PS: Wonder if theres any way to tether a hemet permanently to a 4WH to make it so they HAVE to wear one??? :aj:

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Gene pool cleansing.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
THE RESULTS OF PURCHASING A QUAD:

At the moment of signing on the dotted line........brains get sucked right out!
What else could it be?

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
There's PLENTY of 2 wheeled idiots out there as well. "Oh I'm only moving the bike and going for a little spin and doing some lame stunt at 5 mph so I don't need one." types. But I will agree it seems the 4 wheeled variant of these types do seem to outnumber the 2 wheeled at least off road.

Wouldn't it be cool if anybody that got injured while riding without a helmet and lived to tell about it had to have their eye brows laser removed or something? Just a little reminder to them every day they are luck enough to be able to look in a mirror :)

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Patman said:
... it seems the 4 wheeled variant of these types do seem to outnumber the 2 wheeled at least off road.

Last year new ATV sales outnumbered new off-road motorcycle sales (combined mx and enduro bikes) by almost 4 to 1.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
WoodsRider said:
Last year new ATV sales outnumbered new off-road motorcycle sales (combined mx and enduro bikes) by almost 4 to 1.

... and the IQ of ATV riders versus the average tree slug ran inverse to that. ;)

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
I could tell you all one of my favorite "low IQ" quad stories, but it feels a little like kickin' a man while he's down.

Let's just say there are some really stupid people out there.

Dirt bikes = most fun you can have with clothes on.

Quads = not so much.

slickpuss

Sponsoring Member
Jan 19, 2002
That dag burn farm equipment is jus so fun to jump on and pertend your Dale Jr you dont gots time to grab a helmut!

Yee haaaw!

Thats my first thought at least. If i had a quad I would probably feel different. I do have a rototiller. I dont wear a helmet when I use that, but people race those too. Its hard to draw the line I guess.

mtk

Jun 9, 2004
I admit, I don't wear a helmet when I ride my ATV.

But then again, I don't wear a helmet when I drive a friend's John Deere farm tractors either. I consider my ATV a farm implement. The dirt bikes, on the other hand, are for recreation and maintaining my sanity (no comments on how well they're doing on that front either!).

An ATV without racks on both ends is defective, at least in my view, and "sport quad" is an oxymoron.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
WoodsRider said:

You don't see many ATV's at the MX track. Based upon what I've seen, the majority is used by the close-to-homers that like doing donuts and running open exhausts in empty lots or up and down the street (closer to the cooler.) If they venture out to go riding somewhere, they choose to do their donuts and drag racing in the pits or real close..........(to the cooler.) Some actually make it into the woods, now our trails are 8ft wide and all double rutted........VERY noticed by the public, .....very ugly, and littered with beer cans. I like beer, but NOT when riding........and the emptys hit the trash bag. I suppose the public accepts them, and people buy them, because they're "cute."

mtk

Jun 9, 2004
They buy them because they don't fall over when left unattended, which convinces the great, unwashed masses that they're "safe."

I really can't comment on the whole beer cooler bit because when my ATV is at a friend's farm, it's primary purpose is to tote the beer cooler around and keep it in close proximity. In fact, my motto is that it and I never get more than about 50' from one another. ;) Of course, we're working on bailing hay, burning farm debris, or some other task like that and not out riding. On the rare occasion that ATV actually gets "ridden" for fun, the beer cooler stays home.

But you're points about wrecked trails are correct. It seems that guys on dirt bikes see a mudhole as something to be avoided and rode around. Guys on ATVs see them as something to play in, which results in the mudhole getting bigger and more rutted and soon it is a permanent fixture. They also ride when it is very sloppy out, creating huge ruts that also become permanent fixtures on the trail.

Jan 6, 2007
FruDaddy said:
Them things have 4 wheels like a car, they won't tip over, so you don't need to worry about safety on them. :nod:

Just because they have 4 wheels doesnt mean that they wont tip over. :coocoo: And when it comes to safety, just amagine a car tipping on top of you. :think: Talk about serious safety issues.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Desertjunkie540 said:
Just because they have 4 wheels doesnt mean that they wont tip over. :coocoo: And when it comes to safety, just amagine a car tipping on top of you. :think: Talk about serious safety issues.
sarcasm, my friend

CRazy250

May 28, 2006
it must be a mental thing if you own a 4 wheeler your indestructable and are faster than dirtbikes in turns.thats what every person i talk to who rides a 4 wheeler says.

Drowsy

Jan 5, 2007
Yes there are plenty of 4 wheeled idiots. Just cause a select spoiled few ride like idiots doesnt mean all of them do. There are also 2 wheeled idiots also, jst cause you guys on here ride with helmets doesnt mean all dirtbikers do. There are good and bad of both. Me having quads, I always ride with a helmet. I dont think 2 or 4 wheeled is safer. Both have pros and cons, equally.

Top Bottom