B

biglou

I will give these idiots this much-They "got out". Good for them. Traitorous assholes can burn in hell for all I care. No intelligent answer? How about this-I am sick and tired of placating this liberal balony. Tired of seeing what I and so many other put effort into get snatched from us with ZERO RESPECT. Don't come into my house and tell me to change my rules. I was here first. Right or wrong, this is how it is. If you don't like it, well, you know the rest. Go ahead and hug them, hold them, show them compassion. After a while, it gets a little ****ing old, ya know. That's when you need to put a boot in somebody's ass and show them how it's going to be. Not talking about right and wrong, but how it actually is going to be. Period. Just so we are crystal clear here, I am in complete and total disagreement with your "let's coddle them" attitude. These idots walked out in the middle of the game. Changed sides. Guess what? They're now targets as far as I am concerned.

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
you know, if you stare at that picture long enough, it looks like Alec is sticking that finger up his nose! :flame:

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
Originally posted by 96whyzee125

excuse me? :think:
musta been a timing thing?

Sorry about that! It was a timing thing.
It was in reference to my post with the mag cover.

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000

Holy Crap!, I have really tried hard to stay away from the latest round of political, religious reverent post but Bunda, that is the stupidest thing I've heard in my life. More humans have been killed in the name of Christ than ANY other religion. Throughout the history of Christendom and through out every period of expansion our religion has been either accept or die. We are a modern world now, and yes we should have more compassion, but lets have that compassion for those whom do not want do destroy freedom. Our war is not with the people of Islamic beliefs, but rather the fanatics that HATE anything that is not their belief.

And NO, he did not die in vain; Through him ALL things are possible! And I believe it is possible to put an end to this mad man and all others like him.

I guess Christ was stupid then - your words !

Please don't equate what has been done in mans name to the sacrifice which was Christ's.

The issues we are struggling with now, are issues I struggle with on a daily basis as a committed Christian. If we cannot or will not follow the example given to us by Jesus Christ, then why do we even bother with our name. Being a Christian is not a walk in the park, it is not just believing or knowing that Christ is king, but it is walking his walk, living life to his example. Yes, not any easy task, much of which goes against our will, and common sense. Before he was killed, he asked his father that he be spared. He was scared, he was tormented, and yet he did what was asked of him - WHY - Next time you say the lords prayer, stop at the section "Thy will be done" - If you don't mean this, and can't get past this sentence with pure conviction, then you may as well stop there, and try something else.

Parroting, "Through him all things are possible" is pretty much meaningless, when in fact you do not, and will not "Do his will" ......... "not my will, but THY will be done lord !"

Senior KX Rider

Super Power AssClown
Nov 9, 1999
More humans have been killed in the name of Christ than ANY other religion. Throughout the history of Christendom and through out every period of expansion our religion has been either accept or die.

Not sure what brand of religion you subscribe to if any but that is a bogus statement. A christian spreads the word and if people have nothing to do with it they are dealt with on the judgement day by the lord. The muslims are of the convert or die idealogy. :| Have you read the bible???? Don't make me start quoting scripture and showing the differences in the Koran

There have been many killed in religious wars but that is not the ideaology of the christians

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
I suggest you study up on your theology before you start preaching, Alan.
Try a little history as well.

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Originally posted by IrishEKU
Nope! You nailed it right on the head. :thumb:

I also am a military leader and in my understanding, buy taking up an active role (besides politics) to oppose US policy as a US Citizen in a country we are actively engaged with you become a stateless person. If it comes down to open conflict, and are not killed but arrested they will be tried under Treason Laws. Take a look at what happened to John Walker Lind(? SP), the American Taliban. In warfare, collateral damage is an acceptable loss.

That said, I feel badly that innocents get hurt, but these folks in my mind are not innocent, they have chosen to actively oppose policy in support of a country that has a proven history of atrocities to their own peoples. Don't think for a minute that they wouldn't end up with a bullet it their heads if when the get there and oppose what Iraq is doing.

Finally, I am not loosing any sleep over them. A truck load of idiots is not going to stop what you or I will have to do if the word is given.

Regards,

I stand 100% by my earlier post.

whyzee

Never enough time !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 24, 2001
Originally posted by Senior KX Rider
Not sure what brand of religion you subscribe to if any but that is a bogus statement. A christian spreads the word and if people have nothing to do with it they are dealt with on the judgement day by the lord. The muslims are of the convert or die idealogy. :| Have you read the bible???? Don't make me start quoting scripture and showing the differences in the Koran
There have been many killed in religious wars but that is not the ideaology of the christians
Senior, I very much believe in the Bible and the Life of Christ, but the truth is the truth. I suggest you read a little on the history of Europe from the period of the Roman Empire up to and even including the period of Renaissance. Europa or Christendom as history has shown through the Slavic, Latin, Baltic and Czech lands have been "set free" in the name of Christ for thousands of years! Does knowing the past make me a bad Christian? Does going to a mass, knowing that there are bad priests make a Catholic a bad Christian? I was only stating fact, not that I am proud of, only FACT!

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Originally posted by BunduBasher

I guess Christ was stupid then - your words !

Please don't equate what has been done in mans name to the sacrifice which was Christ's.

The issues we are struggling with now, are issues I struggle with on a daily basis as a committed Christian. If we cannot or will not follow the example given to us by Jesus Christ, then why do we even bother with our name. Being a Christian is not a walk in the park, it is not just believing or knowing that Christ is king, but it is walking his walk, living life to his example. Yes, not any easy task, much of which goes against our will, and common sense. Before he was killed, he asked his father that he be spared. He was scared, he was tormented, and yet he did what was asked of him - WHY - Next time you say the lords prayer, stop at the section "Thy will be done" - If you don't mean this, and can't get past this sentence with pure conviction, then you may as well stop there, and try something else.

Parroting, "Through him all things are possible" is pretty much meaningless, when in fact you do not, and will not "Do his will" ......... "not my will, but THY will be done lord !"

Bundu - step back a minute and look at what you are saying. You are defending Christianity by bashing everyone. Kind of ironic. I don't think anyone is questioning your compassion or desire to "walk the walk", but how many times did God use David to wipe out entire tribes? And David was "a man after God's heart" (my paraphrase).
I think what is getting everybody upset is we see those who basically spit upon our American principles obtaining special privilege and then rubbing it in our faces. We will always feel this is the greatest country in the world and it is made up of immigrants, except those of us whose family was here when the English came across. :think:
Frankly I'm amazed Okie hasn't locked these down long ago. I think he's waiting to see if we can all agree that we can be civil but still disagree.
A lot of us have either served or have family who served to uphold those principles which founded this country and it really chaps us to see those abused and disrespected. Do you really think if I went to the middle east and burned an Iraqi flag I wouldn't be shot in a heartbeat? How many Christian missionaries are killed just for spreading the Word, yet we permit them to live here and threaten us? Then to have those in the spotlight who presume to speak "for us" turn against our own nation?
I guess I see a double standard...

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
could we get maureen dowd a seat on that bus too?

slo mo, can i borrow your sig?

Last edited:

whyzee

Never enough time !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 24, 2001
I have read extensively about the events that you speak.
As have I, volumes! If you are so versed in the Christian crusades of the Baltic and Czech lands then you know what I posted to be the truth.
I also stand by my statement

Why do you think the Christians were involved in that fight????There are far more writings on that period than there are on the muslim conquest of those areas that took place long before that. ;)
You are correct in that Moslems, actually Islamics settled the reaches of Europa first, the Ottoman Empire, almost extinguished due to the THEN popular view of Catholicism or die! Remember protestant Christianity did not appear until about 1100AD.
I'll see if I can come up with some info for you
I'm always open to a new author.

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Slo'mo, so far this discussion has not gone south, which is probably why it survives.

You do see a double standard - this is exactly the challenge we as Christians have to face.

I do not think I am defending Christianity by bashing anyone. If my words are false or misguided then you must show me where I am wrong.

David came before Christ, the example we must live by is Christ's example alone. We are not Davidians, or Judeans, or Even St Paul or St Peter'ians - Justifying our actions now based on anything other than Christ's example is to my mind, not the right thing to do. (I could be wrong !)

Yeah, I think we can all be civil, and agree to disagree.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Farmer John... great image man!

The rest of you babbling thugs? Interesting read! Keep it civil, show us how well you can debate, it'll stay alive. The second it turns personal, it'll be closed and all following such threads will be closed. Let's prove my belief that we are all intelligent humans with possibly differing views, but able to communicate in a constructive way. Please?

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Sorry Okie,

I guess I am a Babbleling Thug.

I stand by my posts and will defend them.

As a "Babbleling Thug," I will defend my posts and post as I see accordingly.

That said, I have already bothered you enough via PM's and will not do so again.

My shot at it, it won't happen again,

Phillip.(/PK)

Last edited:

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
More humans have been killed in the name of Christ than ANY other religion.
The muslims are of the convert or die idealogy. .....
Senior,
Is your point more have died because of the Koran and being Muslim vs. the numbers that have died in christian wars? Or is the point concerning the ideaology behind each religion?

Not seeking to stir, just clarify. I'm wondering if the word "ANY" in Dave's post is causing the hang up?

Originally posted by Jaybird
Lou, I haven't seen you quite this fired up before. I like it! :)
Gotta agree Lou.....the man with the biggest heart on DRN is a warrior. Semper Fi brother. :thumb:

Miltonyz

Sponsoring Member
Apr 12, 2001
More humans have been killed in the name of Christ than ANY other religion

While I concour that many unnecessary wars have occured in the name of Christianity I beleive that there has been very few wars becuase of Christianity. I tend to disagree with people who say my religon causes murder. It has through the years merely been an sheep's outfit for the wolves. What do you people really think the crusades were about? The crusaders saw a rich land. In order to take it they had to convince the masses that it was a just war. Thus religon is used. Many people died during the protestant\cathloticism(sp?) feuds. A king or queen would come into power an next thing you know every one that disagreed with them were heritics. Do you really believe this is because they were devout Christians? Or is it merely because it is an easy way to get rid of your dissendents?

The muslims are of the convert or die idealogy.

I honestly doubt it. Like in our own history some Muslims have used their religon as an excuse to preform inhumane deeds. Despite this I am willing to bet that the majority of Muslims are good people. I also wonder in the Koran (sp?) where it is claimed that nonbelievers be killed.

Mr. Bondu I agree with you that a human life is a sacred thing. However, there is only so much we can do to help someone. Think of it this way. If we go to war it is because we believe Iraq has WMDs. We also think that Iraq's possesion of these weapons poses a direct threat to us. If we are committed to this train of thought then the thought of some pacifist liberal dying because he didn't have the sense to stay out of harms way, is acceptable to me. Compared to the thought of many innocents dying.

Wow disagreeing with three people in one post. I feel like Milquetoast :scream:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
As a "Babbleling Thug," I will defend my posts and post as I see accordingly.
See, there is where you are wrong. This is no democracy here :p for Okie and his band of thugs are the boss. And BTW, I'm not sure how one would "post as I see accordingly" :laugh:

Simple. Everyone keep it civil. Everyone is entitled to their views and will not be hammered for them. I too served, but that doesn't mean I have a better understanding of JACK SQUAT. Serving does not allow one a higher place my friend. No, I'm not calling you out here, just a point.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Originally posted by Miltonyz
&nbsp;

However, there is only so much we can do to help someone. Think of it this way. If we go to war it is because we believe Iraq has WMDs. We also think that Iraq's possesion of these weapons poses a direct threat to us. If we are committed to this train of thought then the thought of some pacifist liberal dying because he didn't have the sense to stay out of harms way, is acceptable to me. Compared to the thought of many innocents dying.&nbsp;

Very, VERY well put.&nbsp; Good job folks.&nbsp; I really expected this to be gone when I returned from my meeting.&nbsp; Very thought provoking discussion without the inuendo's and slamming.

Senior KX Rider

Super Power AssClown
Nov 9, 1999
Originally posted by bscottr

Senior,
Is your point more have died because of the Koran and being Muslim vs. the numbers that have died in christian wars? Or is the point concerning the ideaology behind each religion

My point was more about ideaology or some might say my interpretation of ideaology. There are many ways to interpret the Bible and different religions and there are also many ways to interpret history. A lot people are passionate about it. I doubt that Dave and I are as far apart as it might seem. :) I welcome the discussion but this is prolly not the best place to do it. ;)

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
I doubt that Dave and I are as far apart as it might seem. :)
That's why I asked. Seemed like you guys were on the same page, except for maybe a minor sticking point. ;)
I welcome the discussion but this is prolly not the best place to do it. ;)
:)

Point.

That being said.....thankfully you guys have been nixing those outside the STM forum. The latitude in here is appreciated. :thumb:

Last edited:
Top Bottom