XREnduroKid

Jan 10, 2001
I have 2001 XR250 and got out to ride it for the first time with my new pipe, header, and K & N. It only made 2 more horsepower on the dyno w/ jetting. I was disappointed at first but it is actually alot faster and pulls harder. What can i do next to it that will make it have more low-end grunt with out ruining what my bike is known for, durability? Thanks.

------------------
Ride Red

MxKid512

Feb 10, 2001
Maybe you could try a smaller front sprocket. It will give you more pull, but you'll have a slower top speed. But hey, they're only about $13. :D

------------------

XREnduroKid

Jan 10, 2001
i have a smaller front sprocket, but it lowers the top speed, from 67-58 actually. Another ideas? maybe even one that will hurt reliability?

------------------
Ride Red

XREnduroKid

Jan 10, 2001
I installed the big gun reace series, complete system, man it sounds great. And as i mentioned earlier it pulls much harder. Can you get cams that are tuned for enduro riding? or what else can i do?

------------------
Ride Red

XREnduroKid

Jan 10, 2001
What about a pumper carb or high compression piston? don't want to use race gas though.

------------------
Ride Red
The sweet smell of sap after being smacked in the face by a pine -Enduro

MxKid512

Feb 10, 2001
White Brothers has cams for the XR250, but they're labeled as "All Around" cams. I'm sure you already did this, but did you take the snorkel off the airbox?

------------------

XREnduroKid

Jan 10, 2001
yeah i took the snorkel off right after it was broke in. Helped alot and now i have a K & N in there. Does anyone have experience or know someone with aftermarket cams?

------------------
Ride Red
The sweet smell of sap after being smacked in the face by a pine -Enduro

Top Bottom