What does it take to disasemble the Autolube???

Matt12345

Jun 6, 2003
Just this winter I came accross a 81 MX175 that I was told has been sitting since 81 and it really does look like it from what I can tell. As of rite now the Autolube works perfectly when using Silkolene Comp Injector oil. Bike seems to run great but I have heard of Autolubes failing (I'm a youngin and dont know tons about the older bikes) and I like this old bike to putt around on and it really is pretty fun bike.

So how hard is it to dissasemble the Autolube correctly, I have a Clymer...think thats how its spelled... manual and it says nothing about dissasembly. If anybody out there could help me I'd really apreciate it.

Also what premix do yall think I should run after I take off the autolube, I run silkolene comp2 at 32:1 in my new Husky would that work for my old MX once made into a premix only bike???
And what case oil do yall recommend for that bike
Thanks for the help

490Dave

Mar 18, 2003
Im not exactly sure how they work on bikes but, on outboard marine engines they're (the pump) run off of a shaft that is connected to the crank, and they're some pretty old outboards still chuggin away out there. My advise, if it aint broke dont fix it!

Go Ride!
Dave....

Oregon Trail

~SPONSOR~
Aug 2, 1999
Matt12345, just leave it on and run oil made for oil injection systems. On some of the bikes, some Suzuki's and Hodaka's, you had to drill a hole in the case for oil to get to the main bearing, not sure about that motor. :ugg: Run the same stuff as your Husky for the trans, a good quality 2 stroke tranny oil.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Matt

Like Oregon Trail said, just leave it on. The autolube systems for Yamaha worked pretty good. You can adjust the oil delivery by changing the little shim washers on the end of the pump shaft.

If you remove it, simply replace the banjo bolt where the oil is fed into the engine with a regular bolt. If you remove the pump you can make a aluminum plate to cover the hole. YamaLube 'R' at 32 to 1 is a safe way to go if you are going to premix.

Just my $ .02 :thumb:

Ol'89r

Top Bottom