What does the Greay Wire mod do??

Streetsquid

Jan 13, 2001
I just picked up my '01 WR250F today (Canadian model) and as soon as I got it home I started tearing into it (only because it was snowing, otherwise I'd be out on the trails :) ). I pulled off the tank and found the grey wire (it's next to the black and white wire on the two wire connector, right?). I have been reading lots about it on these forums but after doing a search and reading a number of posts, I can't find what cutting it does? Before I go ahead and snip it, can someone please offer a quick explanation?

Bliz

Dec 25, 1999
Cutting the grey wire will eliminate the flat spot in the mid-range. Stock, the bike will accelerate,hit the flat spot , then accelerate. Cut the grey wire and you have a stronger , smoother pull from top to bottom. Makes a big difference in how the bike runs.

red 450

Oct 27, 2001
Hold your horses Streetsquid. I read a post here about a week ago from some guy with a 2002 Canadian WR 250 and he thought the same thing that you cut the gray wire like on the American bikes. He found out that you don't. Try doing a search his name is rm burn.

Top Bottom