What it's like to winter ride in Oklahoma?

chainsaw

~SPONSOR~
Feb 24, 2001
Some of us up north here want to get out of the cold and snow this winter and head down south to do some riding, we are looking for motocross tracks to ride on, some trails would be nice. First question, is Cooperland open to the public and is it open during the winter months (january & febuary)? Also I've heard of a motocross track in Ponca City Ok., is this a decent track to ride on and is it open to public riding?

roosteater

~SPONSOR~
Dec 27, 1999
Hey...ditto on this one. Great post. I'm from MN and will also be looking to head south and ride this winter. Perhaps between Christmas and New Year's.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
cooperland is only open on scheduled practice days. the next one is nov. 10. last i knew, the ponca track was open every day for practice (it's the same track they run the nma nationals on). i'll see if i can find a phone number for it. we have a 500 acre riding park in stillwater that has miles of trails, a gp style track and a supercross style track. it's open everyday, $25 yearly membership. i've seen many tags from mn, ia, wi etc. there in the winter. we also have an excellent dune area open 24/7 year-round. it has camping hookups, real bathrooms, hot showers etc. i highly recommend the dunes. there are also several mx tracks with open practice.

chainsaw

~SPONSOR~
Feb 24, 2001
Hey MX547, that 500 acre park near Stillwater sounds like the ticket, do you happen to have a number for that facility?

cweingartz

Jun 6, 2000
Why dont you ride in the snow? I think it is a blast. Or stud up you tires and hit the lakes? Thats what im gonna do this year. Just an idea plus I think riding in the snow makes one a better rider.:)

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by High Lord Gomer

If I put the wheels back on my house, can I park it in your yard for a few weeks while we ride?

no problem, bring it down. one thing though, two of my neighbors are cops and another is a deputy. perhaps you should leave the tutu.:)

GBKTM

Nov 13, 2001
Tulsa area riding?

I am going to Tulsa in January for the car races. Is there any good woods riding areas close by? I might bring my bike if the weather is ok and could find someplace to ride during the day.:scream:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
any good woods riding areas close by?

Yes, there are good places near Tulsa. Apalachia Bay is nice during the week, early Sat. and late Sun. Too many quads the other times. Give me an email before you come down. I'm sure we can find you a place to ride.

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
The 500 is about an hour from Tulsa. Lots of trails. SX Style track (not groomed all the time) GP track, Three loops, some old trails, some new ones cut in in August for race. Let me know if you're heading south, we have a lot of riders from up north that come down to ride in the winter. If we know when we have a large group coming in we can try to get a dozer out and do some work. We also have a dozer fund that is used just for track maintence, when we get enough money we prep the track. A group from Minnasota makes a good donation each year, they get the track prepped for their trip.:eek:

Top Bottom