huskyboy

Feb 5, 2000
During the last year and a half, I recall reading an article in one of the dirtbike mags which listed the best upgrades to make for a number of bikes within a budget of $1500. For each bike, they had a prominent rider list the aftermarket parts he would get for the bike while keeping within the price range. I'm looking for the one on the KX 500. Does anyone out there have this article? Would you be willing to fax it to me? Let me know and I will email you my fax #.

It would be greatly appreciated.

NO HAND

~SPONSOR~
Jun 21, 2000
OK I haven't seen the article in question but I would suspect the answers given by the prominent riders to be very biased towards the sponsors they have to be loyal to. Also the mags often bias the whole results to be loyal to their own funding advertisers. You can forget about loyalty to the reader. It would't be even worth the fax $. I would definitely use the search function on this site to get information from other ridrers on DRN that have experience on the KX500. That IMHO will be worth the time.

MxKid512

Feb 10, 2001
It was DirtRider. May 2001. They had the XR400, 650, Berg 550, KTM 400, 200, DRZ400, WR426, 250, YZ250, RM250, KX250, GG250, and a TM250, but no KX500.

tentbound

Apr 2, 2001
Although I don't own a KX500, I have ridden one a few times. My brother has put a lot of work into his and I thought the steering damper made the biggest change. It was a little busy in the sand without it.

I don't find them to be too much bike at all. They have a GREAT engine! I think you can ride the bike just about anywhere with just a damper and some suspension tuning.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
I agree w/you NO HAND.. MAgazines are VERY biased towards who pays the bills..
Rick:cool:

Top Bottom