What tube is everyone running up front?

Amadeus

Apr 10, 2003
Just wondering what you guys have had success with as far as front tire tubes.

What brand to you use? Bikemaster, MSR, Bridgestone, etc.

What guage to you use? Regular, Heavy Duty, Ultra Heavy Duty

Tennessee Thumper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 23, 2000
I've ran both the MSR and Bridgestone Heavy-Duty.Im not sure what the gauge is,but I do know it was a pain to install compared to a regular tube.
IMO the Bridgestone is made of a better rubber compound.

Im also an disgruntled Ex-Bridgestone employee. :eek:

Last edited:

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
I've used the MSR gold (heavy duty), as well as the bridgestone and Moose. I'm not real particular as to the brand, as long as it is the heaviest duty 21 tube available.

jho410

~SPONSOR~
Apr 30, 2002
MSR, Moose or Michelin. Like Lorin, not particular to any brand. I've gotten flats on brand new heavy duty tubes after one ride. I've also ridden stock tubes for over a year. You never know when it'll happen - just need to reduce the likelihood of it happening. That's why I run 'em.

venturov

Apr 27, 2000
The Brigstone Ultra is by far the thickest and heaviest. Good for trail riding but MX would not like it because of its weight.
They are hard to stuff inside the tire. A trick is to put both tire beads outside the rim. Bounce the rim down inside the tire and there is lots of room on the apposite side to stuff the tube or rim lock without ripping the meat off your fingers. Stuff some in there, rotate and bounce and continue to work around the wheel. Makes any tire change much easier and faster.

BRush

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2000
The Bridgestone tube is a PITA to put on if you are trying to stuff it in with your fingers after mounting one side of the tire. A better way is to put the tube into the tire first and then mount the tire to the rim.

wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
I never thought about buying a certain brand of tube before :confused:
I just buy whatever the shop has that day.... put 'er on and fill it up with some Slime and off I go... ;)

oops :eek:

Last edited:
Top Bottom