buffmaster

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 11, 2001
I've got a Utah Sports Cycle off road plate on my KX. So far I like it. I got it from rockymountainmc.com for $55($54.95). I've got a boo-boo near my oil drain hole that had to get welded, and I think that the last time I rode, the plate paid for itself.:eek: BTW, it's fairly heavy duty, covers all the necessaries and has a hole for the oil drain.

NDRO

Jan 6, 2001
Don't buy Maier

Their "skid plate" covers only the center section of the frame. It doesn't cover the water pump or the ignition.

I had one on my old CR250 and it was perfect, but the KDX one sux. When I called them about it, they said "there's already a frame loop there". I asked if they had looked at ALL the other plates on the market and the fact that ALL covered the sides, but they didn't care. GGGRRRR:think

WR 250

Mar 17, 2000
NDRO,

Yeah, that is the type of plate I want to avoid. To me that is more of a glide plate then something sutible for off-road. BuyKawasaki offers the same type of glide plate for like $100 for the KDX.

fishhead

die you sycophant !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 22, 2000
I got a Moose from Fredette and it was easy to install, priced reasonably and has a profile that sticks out under the frame guards on both sides. It's also easy to clean the crude that accumulates between the cases and the guard.

swamper

Jul 7, 2000
I purchased one last fall from Recreation Unlimited out of UT. They had three varieties, all cheap (inexpensive). The one I got was the desert model and it is well constructed and covers the the bottom of the pipe! It works well, but if you ride in the mud alot you might consider their cheaper model that just covers the frame and side covers.

KDX440

Sep 18, 2000
I'm running a White Bros. purchased from Chaparral....about $65 if I remember correctly. Great coverage including the side "hoops" on frame. Zero obstruction of shift lever, and I've yet to hang my boot up on it. Mounts secure. Drawback...no oil access hole drilled. Drilled my own with a 1" hole saw. Just my two cents.

KDX440

2000 KDX 200

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom