bvondane

May 16, 2007
I read a bunch of these posts and didn't really find what I was looking for so...

I used to race, about 10 years ago, and now am a fairly fast woods rider... I am 5'11" and 220 lbs and currently ride an 05 WR450F...

I want to get a track bike for practice/workout....I know I want a YZF; specifically a YZ450F, but I'm not sure what year to look for, or if a 426 would be ok as well... I have about $3K to spend...

Any advice on good years for these bikes and or what to look for or stay away from is greatly appreciated...

Thanks!
-Bill

Jan 3, 2007
I would say go for a 250F. It would be light and you could do a big bore and have a cross over between power, and great handling. So say it would be better to lose on a 250F then to win on a 450F for the fun factor.

bvondane

May 16, 2007
Need a 450...

Problem is, I am big (heavy) and I am always riding above 6000'.....so I need a bigger bike...

Plus it would make a good backup woods bike when I have friends from out of town visit...

Thanks!
-Bill

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
the guy wants a 450. If you can't recommend a year, quit recommending a 250F

I'd say 03 or newer, but most of my Yamaha experience is with a TTR125.

Jan 3, 2007
XRpredator, i just dont see why not. But if you are stuck with a 450F go for a KTM if you want something different from your yamaha. If you like thw WR then you will like the YZF most likly.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
2 strokes for life said:
XRpredator, i just dont see why not. But if you are stuck with a 450F go for a KTM if you want something different from your yamaha. If you like thw WR then you will like the YZF most likly.
Great Jack Lord's Hair, do you know how to read?
bvondane said:
. . . I want a YZF; specifically a YZ450F, but I'm not sure what year to look for
Just because you can post doesn't mean you should post.

Let's see how this went:
  • The guy want's a YZ450F but is not sure what year to get. You recommend a YZ250F, ignoring anything he said. :|
  • kawicam ignores him as well, recommending a 250F :blah:
  • He says he would prefer a YZ450F since he's a big feller and rides at elevation.
  • Again you ignore him, citing some crazy analogy about how big you are. :coocoo:
  • I recommend a year of a YZ450F.
  • You recommend a KTM450. :bang:
and 14-17 year olds wonder why people never listen to them . . .

kawicam250

I bleed green!
Aug 7, 2006
XRpredator said:
Great Jack Lord's Hair, do you know how to read?

Just because you can post doesn't mean you should post.

Let's see how this went:
  • The guy want's a YZ450F but is not sure what year to get. You recommend a YZ250F, ignoring anything he said. :|
  • kawicam ignores him as well, recommending a 250F :blah:
  • He says he would prefer a YZ450F since he's a big feller and rides at elevation.
  • Again you ignore him, citing some crazy analogy about how big you are. :coocoo:
  • I recommend a year of a YZ450F.
  • You recommend a KTM450. :bang:
and 14-17 year olds wonder why people never listen to them . . .

once i saw him reply after i posted, i realized that i didnt take in his whole situation, sorry for the ignorance.

Top Bottom