MarksCR250

Jun 21, 2001
Travis Pastrana seems to have run into a streak of falling off the bike lately.. and landing on his head! The one I watched this weekend (two weeks after the fact- thanks for the crappy coverage ESPN2) had him falling HARD in a situation where there was no pressure or need for heroic risk taking. It looked like just a dumb mistake. And now I read that he fell hard at least once, again on Sunday. So come on Travis! Get a grip! You and Brown can show that the USA produces the worlds best MX racers, and you cant very well do that if you're lying in a hospital bed in traction. Take care.

Jesse

Aug 29, 1999
Oh yeah, and what is your source of that information? I am guessing some spode said that and you are just repeating worthless rumors. If they were going to pull him, I highly doubt they would make a decision with 3 weeks before the next national. Now with that said, it would be a good decision for Suzuki or his parents to be prepared to tell him not to race. He has 5 (?) concussions this season so far. I think he needs to take the next 3 weeks easy, and then see how he is for Millville. Otherwise I would just rather see him sit out the rest of the nationals, and come out swinging for MXDN and start fresh next season. It would be a much better long-term career move for him, and with his points position right now, he could probably sit out the rest of the nationals, and still be top 10 in points, even though that really doesn't matter. I don't think anyone would fault him for making the decision to not race.

Someone

Mar 12, 2001
Like I said, "I heard". I heard this from two separate people, so that's my reason for posting that. He's very young, and has been making some mistakes, and in my oppinion, deserves some time off before something more serious happens.

It may be a rumor, but not a "worthless" one. Do you say this to everyone that hears things before you do?

Jesse

Aug 29, 1999
Before I did? I heard it about 5 minutes after his crash in practice. Everyone around the pits is talking about his recent crashes, but Suzuki didn't pull him yet. He clearly isn't riding the same as he was last year, and I have heard that he is trying to make up for the lack of power his bike has compared to KTMs, YZFs, and YZs.

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
...au contraire, Travis has the fastest bike out there. Either watch Unadilla or see my previous post. In Travis' own words, before Moto2 at Unadilla: "...my bike has gone from better than everyone else's to heads and tails above them." Again, he was passing KTM's and YZ250F's on a flat surface with equal corner entrance and exit velocity, like they were standing still.

You guys have been reading too much MXA. :silly:

Top Bottom