RMshift03

Aug 23, 2006
I'm looking for a new bike and a 200 or 300 MXC would be PERFECT for what I ride. I'm not coming across any...I don't know too much about KTM's so I was just wondering about the years of the MXC. If I do ever see any for sale, they're usually 2001's, I'm finding they're pretty rare. For 2007 is the XC the same thing? I'm not looking for a brand new bike, maybe '01-'05. So where are all the MXC's? Were they not made in certain years or anything? Any other important things to know about them? I'm thinking I'm not gonna come across one anytime soon...but still, just wondering.

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
They're out there. I had an 03 200 MXC for a while. I don't know of any years they didn't make them, maybe some years had fewer numbers than others. Not sure though.

skids

Nov 30, 2005
'05 was the last year for the MXC. XC is the closest thing now, except it doesn't have a spark arrestor. :bang: XC has better suspension though... :cool:

RMshift03

Aug 23, 2006
Hm, I guess people just don't want to give theirs up. It just sucks because it's really the perfect bike for the mix of riding I do. I'll keep holding and cross my fingers. Thanks for the info!

Zerotact

~SPONSOR~
Dec 10, 2002
The Xc is basically the same as the MXC...
As the owner of a 06 200 XC I would strongly suggest you look for an EXC or XC-W In open straights I am not fond of the narrow gear box. But if none are available you can always go down several teeth on the rear sprocket to gain top end back.

Also the 200 and 300 are really 2 different bikes...
The 300 does not rind ant feel as light as the 200, but the 300 does make stupid amounts of power.

With that all being said, if you find either a 200 or a 300 in wide or narrow gear box. You will still have a very nice bike.

fuzz

Nov 27, 2000
2003 was the last year for the 200MXC. An EXC would be much easier to find on the east coast. On paper, the XC looks like an MXC but, in practice, there is a big difference. The late model MXC's had enduro suspension while the XC is a good bit different than the enduro set up.

RMshift03

Aug 23, 2006
Oh really? Good to know, thanks. Did they keep making the 300 after '03?

My dad's been working something out with someone who has a KX125 for sale, but a 200EXC popped up last night...so I'm gonna look into that a little more. We'll see what happens...thanks again for the help.

SlyFoxMx

Mar 15, 2004
I just put my bike up for sale. It's a 2003 KTM 200 MXC and it's fast! I just bought a 07 250 XC-F as I wanted to go the 4-stroke route.

If you're still interested email me.

Top Bottom