SndyRds

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 1, 2001
I just purchased a 99 KX 250 and have no manual yet, which clickers are which on both shock and fork. What is a good starting point for the settings. 190 lb rider, both high speed desert and settings for woods if different.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
If both wheels are on the ground,You're not going fast enough

KXKen

Jan 6, 2001
The rebound on the forks are at the top. The stock setting is 11 clicks (counterclockwise)from fully seated (clockwise). The compression is on the bottom and the stock setting for that is 9 clicks out from fully seated. I think the forks on most bikes are the opposite. On the shock the rebound is on the bottom and stock is 10 clicks out from fully seated. The high speed compression is the nut on the top of the shock the stock setting is 2 1/4 turns out from fully seated. The low speed is in the middle of the high speed adj. and is 10 clicks out from fully seated. As far as what's best for you I can't really help you with that. I weigh about 175 and I changed my front springs to straight rate .43 and went to a straight rate in the rear to but I can't remember what the spring rate was.
My 99 is a great bike. Worth every penny.

SndyRds

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 1, 2001
This gives me a starting point. Thanks for taking the time to post.
biggrin.gif

------------------
If both wheels are on the ground,You're not going fast enough

Top Bottom