mph3782

May 8, 2002
Im going to buy a new pair of boots, and Im stuck between the APS Vectors for 200, the APS Tech 6's for 233, or the SIDI Force's for 300..I think the Sidis are the best for all the protection, its just the price..Are the Vectors a good boot? I was never really considering them, its just that they are on sale for 200...How is the protection on the Vectors? Iknow the Sidis have the best protection..but i guess what I need to know is how much less protection to the Vectors or Tech 6's have compared to the Sidi's.

Thanks for your help

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Have you tried any of them on yet? The best protection isn't worth a whole lot if the boots aren't comfortable to wear.

Personally, the SIDI Force fit my feet like a pair of well-worn slippers, right from the get-go. And you are right; I believe that they offer the absolute best protection compared to the others I looked at. There was even an article some podiatrist wrote that put a handful of boots through a bunch of torsional force tests, and the SIDIs came out on top.

When shopping for protection, be conscious of price, but don't use it as a primary component of your decision making process. $100 saved isn't going to mean a whole lot when you're hobbling around on crutches for 4 weeks with a broken foot.

jho410

~SPONSOR~
Apr 30, 2002
Ditto on the Sidi's. I liked my Alpinestar Tech 6's because they were comfortable once they broke in but I thought they should have lasted longer. I tried the Sidi Flex Force's and loved them. They felt as though I had already broken them in from the first ride. They also keep your feet more dry than the Tech 6s and walking in them is no different than walking in a regular shoe. Highly recommend them even though they're a little pricey.

roosteater

~SPONSOR~
Dec 27, 1999
I bought new boots last year. I looked at pretty much everything....Fox, Sidi, Gaerne, Alpinestars, MSR, etc. I ended up focusing in very quickly on the Sidi, Gaerne, and the two Alpinestars you mention. For some reason, the Sidi just didn't fit me right, so I forgot about that one. It was a very nice boot though. The Gaerne (like the one Larocco wears) was really nice too, but I decided to get some Alpinestars instead.

I tried on both the Vector and the Tech 6's. The Vector was without a doubt the most comfortable motocross boot that I've ever put on. However, I wasn't too keen on the ankle support even when new and I had read that they soften up considerably and become less supportive. So, I ended up going with Tech 6's. They weren't quite as comfortable when brand new, but they broke in very quickly (2-3 rides). Great soles. You can't even feel those hard impacts from landing hard. I struggled a bit at first to feel the pegs, but quickly the feeling came back. The boots hold up very well in my opinion. Actually, the only marks that I've put on them have been when my foot has slipped off of the kickstarter and nailed my right footpeg. It's put little marks in the inner plastic then.

All-in-all, I love my Tech 6's. However, there are a lot of good boots out there. If the Sidis fit well, I'd consider them. Take a look at the high-end Gaerne too. That's a nice boot.

NIPZ_799

May 11, 2003
I got some tech 6's about a year ago....and they are comfy after a ride or 4....but i really like them.....everyone says they don;t last long....but theres nuttin wrong with mine so far...they've saved my ankles a bunch....and i love them and recomend them.....but i hear those new FOX ones are good too....but they don;t have an inner bottie.

markthomps

Sponsoring Member
May 27, 2000
I've had about all of the boots and tried on everything and chose the Alpinestar Vectors. Have been racing them for over a year and they do not wear out and I haven't had any problems. Just flat out love these boots! All day comfortable but with the level of protection I expect. Had a crash last week where I ended up having a CR450 do the hokey-pokey on my right foot. Got a bruise, nothing more. There's as much or more protection from these as any other Alpinestars, but they're far more comfortable. I had Tech 8s before this and hated the damn things. The Sidi never fit quite right. The Vectors are GREAT!

Top Bottom