Which Pro Circuit Pipe Should I Get?

Oct 12, 2007
WHICH PRO CIRCUIT PIPE SHOULD I GET?

Hey everyone, i'm Phil and i'm new on these forums! :cool:

But i won't bore you here, i'll get straight to the point. I have a 2001 model YZ 125 which i love, its set up for serious motocross. I'm just about to go and buy a racing exhaust system, and its come down to the Pro Circuit WORKS Pipe, or the Pro Circuit PLATINUM Pipe. (with the R304 Shorty Muffler.)

Both are kick ass pipes, however i want to know if there's a difference in performance between the two. I've heard that the WORKS Pipe is great for midrange and top-end, and that the PLATINUM is good for torque. But is this true? (So far i'm leaning towards the Platinum, only because it looks sweet with the nickle-plated finish. ;)

Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated.

JD_MXRacer

Nov 27, 2006
i got the platinum pipe with the shorty silencer on my bike also. there was a noticeable difference in power right when i bolted it on. its also strong i have crashed many times and havent dented it yet.

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
Both pipes are the same. The only difference is the finish (Plated vs. Bare Metal).

CHR!S

Jun 30, 2006
You're a bit mixed up. The Platinum 2 pipe is (according to PC) tuned for more bottom end, and the Works and Platinum pipes are the same pipe but with bare metal and nickel plates finishes respectively.
You know, these manufacturers have websites with useful information...

Top Bottom