salgeek

Oct 2, 2003
At the end of the day I'm confused.

I praised Tom, the LMC, and all for a terrific event.

I raised a concern about people reserving #'s. I didn't blame anyone other than the guy that came to the table to reserve the names. I never mentioned names or suggested my score would have been better had I gotten a better number. Yes, I called them cheaters and consider their conduct unsportsmanlike.

I spoke on the phone with Tom after it was suggested I do so.

Yet, I took a lot crap for it. I ride with alot of you folks year end and year out. I've never been mean to any of you. I've helped where I could and plan to help more in the future as my son and I become more involved in D14 racing. Yet, I've been accused of not seeing the forest for the trees by wyatt, wolverin423, bbarel and plenty of others. To top it off when I called Tom he said according to the DRN posters he had been trashed right and left - I sure didn't see that here.

At the end of the day I feel less a part of the community as the result of this particular exchange on DRN. Maybe I complained the wrong way. Maybe, I exposed the dirty under belly of signing up for an enduro in the LP of MI. Who knowns? My dispute/contention was simple yet it was never truly acknowledged by those DRN. It was dismissed over and over again and ultimately I was accused of being a whiner, overly dramatic and told to get over it and drop it.

I will greet you all with a smile and a firm handshake the next time I see you. I'm hoping you will do the same. Ultimately, I'm hoping that concerns can be voiced without trashing those that raise them.

Regards.
Scott Allen
been riding since '68
Team3G

p.s - if you don't have anything good to say... then I would respectfully request that you keep it to yourself as I have taken enough unwarranted crap about my posts.

morgan

Nov 30, 2001
Aw shucks, I'd just chalk it up to the nature of the internet and forums in general. Been there myself a few times. Things get jacked out of shape pretty easily when sarcasm doesn't play well and the infliction or tone of your voice is absent.

Everyone here's pretty cool and at the end of the day all that matters is that we all like to ride.

TCTrailrider

Jan 19, 2004
Glad all of this stuff is cooling down so we can once again feel the love.
New Topic. I rode this event assuming there would be lots of 2 track, open fields, fire roads etc.. To my surprise this was not the case. My helmet, goggles, fender, shrouds, etc. have suffered extensive visual damage. I do not believe by bike can be restored to pre race condition without substantial financial implications. If this was a National Event I would expect damage. Since it was not a National and I was not properly warned I would like District 14 to cover the costs to restore my now ratted out 450 to its pre race condition. Anybody have a contact #. :laugh:

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Hey Denny - seeing how trashed your bike is, I would take it off your hands for a $1.80...might even go $1.85 as you are such a nice guy...

3KDXXR2

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 3, 2002
Denny, Ill out bid Mike for the trashed 450. How about 4.50.
curtis

UP Magoo

Apr 4, 2002
salgeek said:
At the end of the day I'm confused.

I praised Tom, the LMC, and all for a terrific event.

I raised a concern about people reserving #'s. I didn't blame anyone other than the guy that came to the table to reserve the names. I never mentioned names or suggested my score would have been better had I gotten a better number. Yes, I called them cheaters and consider their conduct unsportsmanlike.

I spoke on the phone with Tom after it was suggested I do so.

Yet, I took a lot crap for it. I ride with alot of you folks year end and year out. I've never been mean to any of you. I've helped where I could and plan to help more in the future as my son and I become more involved in D14 racing. Yet, I've been accused of not seeing the forest for the trees by wyatt, wolverin423, bbarel and plenty of others. To top it off when I called Tom he said according to the DRN posters he had been trashed right and left - I sure didn't see that here.

At the end of the day I feel less a part of the community as the result of this particular exchange on DRN. Maybe I complained the wrong way. Maybe, I exposed the dirty under belly of signing up for an enduro in the LP of MI. Who knowns? My dispute/contention was simple yet it was never truly acknowledged by those DRN. It was dismissed over and over again and ultimately I was accused of being a whiner, overly dramatic and told to get over it and drop it.

I will greet you all with a smile and a firm handshake the next time I see you. I'm hoping you will do the same. Ultimately, I'm hoping that concerns can be voiced without trashing those that raise them.

Regards.
Scott Allen
been riding since '68
Team3G

p.s - if you don't have anything good to say... then I would respectfully request that you keep it to yourself as I have taken enough unwarranted crap about my posts.
Scott, I agree with your post! I am completely perplexed (and very disappointed) as to how or why this has become so twisted.
My solution: I will continue to compete in the events, as I have in the past. However, since 1)my comments about the events continue to be taken out of context here on DRN, 2)my suggestions for making an event better are considered complete personal attacks on everybody involved in the event, 3)words get put in my mouth, and 4)comments of Thanks are completely dismissed, I will no longer make comment about an Enduro on DRN.
If I become aware of flagrant disregard for the rules at an event, or if I become aware of improper situations at an event, I will notify the Event Referee. If I don't feel the Referee handles the situation properly, I'll make notice to the District and/or AMA.
Obviously, this is the best way to handle these situations, since it's difficult to have an open or constructive exchange of opinions and ideas here.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Scott,
I look forward to seeing you on the trail or at the next race. I think you will find face to face conversations to be much more enjoyable with this group. We joke and laugh, A LOT!!!
Mike

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom