Who else got an RC RC?

HomeMadeSin

Lifetime Sponsor
The wife has been trained to get a CR250R if she ever bought me a motorcycle. Well, she got me one for Xmas....the Radio Shack remote controlled CR250R featuring Ricky Carmichael. It looks pretty trick. Of course, I have to wait the 5 hours for the battery to charge!!!!!
Anybody else get one?

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
i got one. its cool. already charged it up and ran it down. we took it over to the high school parking lot and were jumping the speed bumps. it goes very fast and never got out of range either. big fun. :thumb:

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
I was in line to get one for my kiddo. At $170+ out the door I said screw it. He has a real bike. Cool toy, but at just under 200 beans I think it is a tad bit over priced...

-jeffd

_SOLO_

Pro Champ
I got one, it took me five hours to charge the battery, and only 10 minutes to break it. It is now covered in superglue and duct tape to hold the head and handlebars on. Still ton's of fun! It throws roost and leaves ruts, it flys! It's just a little on the fragile side.

Last edited:

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
Originally posted by jeffd
At $170+ out the door I said screw it.
my buddy manages a radio shack store and he got it for us with his discount, 30%. i was talking to him once about the rc bikes and my wife overheard our conversation. she said we sounded just like kids so she thought it would make a good gift for me. she was right. ;)

My son ran his into the neighbor's gas meter and busted the front fender and number plate. He's only six but he really wanted one so I said WTF.

As soon as my wife (ex-wife or whatever we are at this point) saw the damage she said to me "hey, now it looks just like one of your bikes."

Makes me glad I'm sitting here alone. :silly:

Originally posted by oldguy
looks like we may have a new event for DW2k4. RC races
Can I run my E-Maxx?? It has moto stickers on it!

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Originally posted by VintageDirt
My son ran his into the neighbor's gas meter and busted the front fender and number plate. He's only six but he really wanted one so I said WTF.

As soon as my wife (ex-wife or whatever we are at this point) saw the damage she said to me "hey, now it looks just like one of your bikes."

After a pre-Christmas run in with my ex, I had the same thought VD! I was just grinning all the way back to my house b/c I knew that she wasn't going to be there!

HomeMadeSin

Lifetime Sponsor
Originally posted by _SOLO_
I got one, it took me five hours to charge the battery, and only 10 minutes to break it. It is now covered in superglue and duct tape to hold the head and handlebars on. Still ton's of fun! It throws roost and leaves ruts, it flys! It's just a little on the fragile side.
same here! I finally got it charged up, took it outside and ran it down the street. Damn, its quick. It bounced around a curb or two and I thought I'd better keep it off pavement. My 5 yr old daughter was just itching to try it, and no less than 30 seconds in the backyard, RC took on our neighbors fence...and lost. The front fender shattered into pieces. It now looks like a flat-tracker! I'm gonna take it out to the local soccer field and let 'er rip.

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
Is this bigger than the Tyco McGrath/Pastrana RC bike, my son has the MC one and it is bullet proof - has yet to break it !? :thumb:

gotta love it that it now sells for $95 at the Shack. If I can remember the MC/Pastrana bikes were way cheaper !

Last edited:

_SOLO_

Pro Champ
It is MUCH bigger than the McGrath/Pastrana bikes. MUCH faster too, grass was a problem for my McGrath bike, it would kind of go but it would never turn. The rc RC will go on just about anything, grass and dirt are no problem and it still flys.

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
Originally posted by VintageDirt
Sitting alone has its advantages. :thumb:

blackhawk468

President of Bling
N. Texas SP
I got to play with mine a bit earlier. It hauls ass. My yard is to small for it though and I rammed it head first into the curb after it flew into the street... luckily it didnt' break but its scrached to hell (after 5 minutes) and the stickers are already peeling off. I'm going to take it ot the soccer/baseball fields down the street with a shovel tomorrow where its wide open. :)