will the craftsman motorcycle jack lift my bike?

sloopy

Feb 16, 2004
hi i have heard that i am getting a craftsman motorcycle jack for christmas and i was wondering if this thing will lift high enogh to lift my 04 ktm 450 exc? i dont want to try it then try to take it back to hear them say i cant return it after i use it.

L

LukeRips

Absolutely, I use mine on all my bikes. I used it for an XR650R that I was building last year so it will lift your 450.

Happy Holidays

sloopy

Feb 16, 2004
the thing is i have a bike stand and the thing will lift my brothers rmx off the ground and it would even lift my old ktm, but it wont lift the rear tire on my new bike off the ground. the stand that i have is 15.5 inches and the craftsman is 16.5 inches. i hope that it works, the thought of being able to roll my bike around on the stand is cool.

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
I had one for a while but thought it was overkill for a dirtbike so I sold it to a buddy. But then again I didn't have an XR650 like the guys above!!!!!!!!!

It lifted my 300EXC tires quite a few inches off the ground so I would think it would get your 450's rear tire off the floor.

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
It should lift your bike entirely off the ground but your floor will need to be very level/smooth for it to roll around real well. The lift itself doesn't have much clearance from the frame to the floor. Needs bigger wheels.

tnrider

Sponsoring Member
Jun 8, 2003
i use an inexpensive ($100) industrial table lift - puts the bottom of the bike at about 36" from floor so that i can stand (or sit on chair) and do engine work -- much kinder on the old knees... also can move the bike around on it as it has 4" wheels. got mine at a northern equipment store locally but they also have on their web site.

TVRider

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 29, 2002
tnrider,

Can you give some more specifics on your industrial table lift?What store did you buy it at? I'm looking for something like that for my shop, but don't want to spend $800 on a Handy lift.

Tommy

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
Curious myself, hydro or air powered. Guessing air. How tall is it when its fully lowered? Park a pickup over it?

sloopy

Feb 16, 2004
so i finally got the lift and guess what it doesnt lift the bike off the floor the back tire still touches :bang:

i am going to make some spacers to try to get a couple more inches of lift. other than the it not lifting the bike all the way of the ground its alright. whoever assembled mine they forgot to put a cotterpin on one of the pins so the spring and the pedal assembly flew apart when i first tried to lift my bike. :|

ScottS

Dec 29, 1999
Mine had the same missing cotterpin- and wear your riding boots if you go anywhere near it because it will bang you in the shins no matter how hard you try to avoid it -

That said, it will probably lift your house if you could figure out how to get it under.

Mine lifts the KTM up intil the rear wheel is off te ground but it is not "locked" in that position- it will bleed down overnight to the first lock position where both tires are touching .I just pump it up when I am working on it so the wheel is higher - I guess a 2 x 4 would do the job as well

Top Bottom