"Winter Projects" Revisited: Retro YZ Kit.

B

biglou

Sandblasted Frame, ready-to-paint:

Might be a week from this Friday before it gets powder, but we aren't going to rush things.

More pictures of the pretty parts to follow this evening...

B

biglou

Pictures, pictures, pictures:

Here's that bastage oil drain bolt that just would not give up:

B

biglou

Notice a difference in the gloss level of the pipe and swingarm from the "Before" picture? I strategically placed the footpegs in front of the swingarm so the mirror-like finish would show.:cool: Do not look directly into the swingarm!

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
That can NOT be a garage in that last pic! I need to take some lessons from you, man! :scream:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Lou, that is looking very good. :)

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by XRpredator
That can NOT be a garage in that last pic!

my thoughts exactly. i can barely walk through mine. it's just as well, i'm too lazy to do anything.

B

biglou

Yeah, it's pretty messy. Parts all over, the casters on the stool just pointing every which way. I'm ashamed!:o

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
Originally posted by XRpredator
That can NOT be a garage in that last pic! I need to take some lessons from you, man! :scream:

Ha! The other night, Lou and I were working on the bike and we decided to order pizza. When it came, I asked if we were going to go to the kitchen and eat it. He just looked at me, took the pizza out and dropped it right on the floor! Yes, you can eat off the floor in that garage. Do you remember the SNL skit "The Anal Retentive Chef"? Well Lou is the "Anal Retentive Mechanic" I think that is a good thing though. I don't feel worthy to even look in this guy's tool box, let alone touch anything in it. And what is worse is when he walks into my garage. I know he is looking at it going, "Okay, when the 400 is done, I will just keep it at my house".

Okay, enough of that nonsense. HOW COOL IS THAT ALUMINUM????? Pictures do it no justice! That stuff is awsome. The mirrors in my house do not reflect that well. With this bike, I may not look like as much of a no talent ass clown. I will still be one though!

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
When the bike is all back together, don't forget to take the "Lou standing there, holding a bolt with a confused look on his face" pic. :confused:

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
Originally posted by Okiewan
When the bike is all back together, don't forget to take the "Lou standing there, holding a bolt with a confused look on his face" pic. :confused:

Or even worse, "Lou looking back at Jamie from the finish line and smiling as the retro YZ burns up on re-entry shattering my hopes of winning the coveted 'Second to Last Place Award"

B

biglou

Let's just say that I'm going to "detune" it a bit.:D Maybe the old "Potato up the tailpipe" routine! That coveted second to last place shall be mine. MINE I SAY!

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
One of those Acerbis airbox covers (for when you're hosing it out) might be able to hid under the air cleaner. :p

sfc crash

Human Blowtorch
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 26, 2001
wow..clean motorcycle parts...wow clean garage...that's it, i'm going out to my garage right now and get those mice to cleaning, that is if i could ever get them off of chewing up every foam airfiltera and making nests in evey airbox in said garage. I HATE MICE....btw, nice set up lou.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
It appears that Mr. BigLou was motivated by the Dirt Week trophy for "Most Exotic Bike". Perhaps I need to trick the Monty a bit more to ensure another victory. :think

B

biglou

Yeah, baby!

Just confirmed. The frame will see powder tomorrow. Looks like a great weekend project coming up. We need some white gloves for handling the shiny parts! I have possession of the digital camera for the weekend so we will get lots of pics. C'mon, 3:00 Friday!:cool:

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
Acutually, it went something like this.....

Me-I think I want to get the Hurricane kit for my YZ
Lou-That would be cool. You need to paint your frame though. Why don't you bring it over and we can do it.
Me-okay, I will order the plastic and a tank

three months later

Me-I ordered the stuff
Lou-Bring that bad boy over, we will pull the plastic off, tape it and have it painted in no time.

A month later
Me-I have the plastic
Lou-great, I have your bike in 17,000 pieces and we are going to get it powder coated instead of painting it. Oh, by the way, this thing is trashed and will take some serious TLC to refurbish
Me-Uh, okay.
Lou-Oh yeah, you also need; a new chain, new cables, new bolts, new grips, new jetting for the carb and you might want to watch a few Gary Semic videos so you won't look like a spode riding a kick butt bike.

$600 later
me-Gosh, the weather sure is nice. I wish I could ride.
Lou-You can't ride that thing. You might get it dirty! By the way, you need to buy a $10,000 oxygen chamber to store this bike in to keep it fresh.
Me-SAY WHAT?

So to sum it up. This bike is going to be.....well......awesome!

.... this was reply to Patman, Lou snuck his post in first though.

:aj: < How cool is this guy?

Last edited:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Hey Thunder, Do I smell something burning? Or melting? :p

Lou's gonna look kinda silly trying to fit that engine back into what used to be your frame. :eek:

(Nervous yet? :p )

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
Nah, I am not nervous. I know Lou and he is supervised by the best people in the business. I trust his work. I feel like my kid is in surgury right now.

Top Bottom