"Winter Projects" Revisited: Retro YZ Kit.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Great work so far Lou!

One thing to think about though. It may be a better idea to do the seat cover first and then match the shroud graphics to it rather than the other way around. I would think that would give you the best chance of lining everything up properly.

B

biglou

Keith-The instructions call for the other way around. Starting at the shrouds and working back. The shrouds are limited because of the mounting holes. They pretty much go on one way. The tank has a little leeway but not much. The seat cover is then supposed to be matched up to the tank. The lightning bolt pattern carries onto the seat cover from the tank.

BTW-Those beers are sitting in the back of the frig waiting for the celebratory toast when we finish this thing! Hopefully we're looking at Tuesday or Wednesday.:)

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
It was just a thought. Directions?:think What're di-rec-shuns?:confused:

BTW-Those beers are sitting in the back of the frig waiting for the celebratory toast when we finish this thing!
I am honored.:) I can only hope my first attempt proves itself worthy.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Once it comes in, I'll get the graphics on it to match up with the shrouds, then we can upholster the seat to match the tank and that should do it other than fluids!

You might want to talk to zoomer about it... (he has the hurricane kit). Papakeith is right (about most kits anyway).

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Re: First thing I gotta say is...

Originally posted by BigLou
...I can't believe no one picked up on my obscure "Easy Rider" Jack Nicholson reference!:mad:
Nyit. . nyit. . .nyit . . .SWAMP! I caught it, but somebody forgot to leave the DRN switch "ON". What the heck was he drinking? I want some of that.

Lou, slow down, man! What are ya gonna do when it's finished? :scream:

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
Mornin Lou,
It looks freakin nice! So when will the inagural Extreme NTAC ride/race/bike swap take place and is Jamie ready to hand that beauty over to Jason and I? Btw, in doing seat/tank graphics, I've still found it easier to do the seat first then match the tank to the seat lines. Looks great!

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
I love my wife very very much, but I think that I am obtaining an unnatural love for this bike!:eek:

B

biglou

Originally posted by CR Swade
Btw, in doing seat/tank graphics, I've still found it easier to do the seat first then match the tank to the seat lines. Looks great!
Looks like that is the concensus. I did slip the seat cover on last night over the one that's still there, and there seems to be little room to make adjustments to it. Guess we'll remove and install seatcovers tonight and get the graphics put on the shrouds. All we have after that is the tank!
Woohoo! Man, you guys shoulda seen the smile on my face as I was wheeling that thing around the house for the pictures last night!

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
BigLou I blew-off the directions because the seat cover is such a PITA to get just right. I tacked the seat cover in place then worked the graphics with a blow dryer and just had to do a minor adjustment on the seat cover once they were stick down. Sometimes the directions are too hard :D

SEE (click)

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
The directions also say this, "No matter what your neigbor, little brother, or Patman tells you, absolutely do not use a hair dryer on this."

sfc crash

Human Blowtorch
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 26, 2001
dang ole yamasuki and hurricane fast ole bikes taking wheelies'n braap braap braap..four stokes...............well,that's all i had to offer.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Well I gota' use the hair dryer on SOMETHING.:confused:

B

biglou

So close. So very, very close...

Just waiting on the gas tank. Supposed to be here tomorrow (Wednesday). Got the shroud graphics on last night (Sweet!). and am going to upholster the seat here at work today. That only leaves the tank!

BTW-Started a teaser thread in the General forum. Gonna do the unveiling out there so all the folks can see it.:)

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
well, due to the ass clowns (I will not mention names since they are a sponser) who I am getting my tank from, they bike will be delayed one more day on it's completion. aaarrrgg!!!!:aj:

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
You gotta stop working so hard Lou! If I didn't know better I'd say you were a govt. employee.;)

RM_(I got the power)guy has a point. The crowd is getting restless out there. They'll be predicting the second comming if you don't put your creation on display soon.:)

B

biglou

Yeah, look what I started! The tank is killing us. We are close to three weeks into this and we still don't have the tank we ordered originally. A bad scene for us. I figured I'd have pix up by tomorrow night at the latest. Now It's looking like Thursday.

And speaking of Government workers. It took me until this morning to figure out what happened to XRP yesterday!:confused:

BillyWho

Sir-Breaks-Alot
Mar 22, 2001
Lou, my hat off to you man, this is the first I've looked at this thread, but it's going to look nuts when your done :aj: . I should have shipped mine to you before I sold it so I could get top dollar. Looks great.

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
We will ship this one to you when we are done so you can put some of your skills onto it. Just make sure you leave the skills on the bike when you are done!

Top Bottom