nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Cooperland here we come!!! I just got official word from my boss that I can take off next Friday! Red and I will be leaving Chicago late Thursday night and attempting to drive straight through. We're just cramming in my little S-10 and hammering down. I expect we'll arrive Friday around lunch time (So Pokie I hope the women's race is in the afternoon). We'll then head to Springfiled, MO, Saturday night to make a pit spot at the Bass Pro Headquarters Sunday morning on the way home.

I'm super excited because for the past 3-4 months I thought there was no chance in hell that we'd make it because next Thursday, Friday, and Monday are my busiest days of the month here at work (month end close in accounting and all my reports are due). So needless to say, until about a week ago - I have been ignoring all DW02 threads. Now I have some catching up to do in the DW forum :confused:

The only huge fear I have is if my truck breaks down on the way home Sunday. It's pretty new and fairly low in miles - but there is no way in hell I can miss work on Monday. Anyone going from MO to IL on Sunday and will let me hitch-hike if need be? I can leave Red in MO to fend for himself :)

I look forward to meeting all of you that I haven't met before at DW01 or the Mini Fest at FVOR. Just beward I'm a little on the shy side in person.

I'M SOOO EXCITED - BRING IT ON!!! :yeehaw:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
nikki, great to hear it! Now you need to go and find the post from Okie where he said he was going to beat you this year but couldn't do it cause you weren't coming!:p:p:)

B

biglou

If you leave Red in MO, he can stay with me if you can get him to be quiet and stop talking so much!!! ;)

j/k Glad you guys are going to make it. :thumb:

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Congrats Nikki and Red!

Shame I have to wait another year :( to "See The Elephant" ;)

(Seeing the Elephant was a referance made during the Civil War for battle. Originally coined by Roman troops defeated by Hannibal)

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
No, Billy... you can't ride my bike :p

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
If you leave Red in MO, he can stay with me if you can get him to be quiet and stop talking so much!!!
LOL! That Red, he's a non-stop babbler!

Oh and elk? You just bought yourself a mouth full of red roost my friend! :flame:

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Congrats, I can't wait to meet you. Maybe I can watch you ride and learn something. :)

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Originally posted by Okie
Oh and elk? You just bought yourself a mouth full of red roost my friend! :flame:

Don't worry OKIE, I am sure he is "Shedding Carpets" in fear :)

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Yeah, Irish. Richmond is only 8 or 9 hours from Cooperland?

If you show up, I promise not to make fun of your mullet. Besides, everybody wants to meet a guy who can post 347 times a day. What do you have. . .three hands?

WOOOHOOO Nikki! (I called Quentin. . .) :p

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Did I hear something? I have a hard time hearing people who aren't going to be there... hummm... ? :p

Funny Bob, miffed about my LT membership or just have the DW02 filters on? ;) I'm sorry but "Uncle Sugar" hasn't gotten back to me on my funds.

Originally posted by Julius Pleaser
Yeah, Irish. Richmond is only 8 or 9 hours from Cooperland?

If you show up, I promise not to make fun of your mullet. Besides, everybody wants to meet a guy who can post 347 times a day. What do you have. . .three hands?

Mullet? How Dare You Sir!........"Slap with a glove" I only wear it "High and Tight" :)

To all,

I have my DW03 savings account started! Looking to see a few that made my life hard :debil: and those that made it :yeehaw: .

Last comment: Can't wait to meet all!

Phillip

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Nikki and Red, great to hear you guys can make. The caravan from MI will be riding "sweep" (trail riding term) on Sunday and should have room for both of you in the RVs. Looking forward to meeting both of you.

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Nikki come by the Heartland Spode camp we'll feed you guys. Check our forum for the menu.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
:thumb:

Very kewl, y'all!

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001

Hey man, I'm just paid to record history, whether it be good OR bad! :) Bring it on Slokie! Giddy up!:yeehaw:

Top Bottom