WP Forks

thomasw

Apr 11, 2002
Hi everybody

My brother rides an KTM 450 sx -05, he weights about 85kg forks 0,48 springs . He feels it travells to low and its to hard on bigger bumps,it woks good on smaller bumps. I dont now the standard settings because it is an other that have revalved it to him( a big suspension shop here in sweden). He cant get it better after 4 revalings. Now i start doing it myself. After i change it it was much better rideheight on track but still to hard in bigger bumps.

Midvalve lift is about 0,4-0,5 the basevalve is pretty stiff i think, the stiffest i have seen on a ktm(dont now standard settings :( )comp clicker on 20 rebound 18.

If some one have some thought on what why i should go im happy.

He is pretty fast, not as fast as ryan huges, i wish i was there and see him here in swedish champion chip.

Thomas

thomasw

Apr 11, 2002
i see i ride a yzf 250, that was before i bought a rm 250 -04 put enzo subtanks on it and some revalving, the best bike and suspension i ever had. I loved that bike. To bad i broke both my feets and dont ride anymore :|

Thomas

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
Hi Thomas, still not back on the bike? shame, its been a while.

On the RM, what sort of revalving did you do to go along with the subtanks?

thomasw

Apr 11, 2002
i dident do much i take out 2 shims on the basevalve( the 16 and 14), i had about 380 oillevel i think(dont remember exactly)about 4 out on subtank. I liked it alot. I could go really fast with that bike.

I have start a new sport now, 1/8 scale buggy really fun that to, but not close to mx. My feets hurts all the time, not fun. But i dont sitting in a wheelchair, i am happy for that.

Thomas

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
thomas it just sounds like the airgap is too small to me-with those stiff springs it may not need much help from the airspring.

take care buddy
marcus.

thomasw

Apr 11, 2002
we have the airgap on 140mm, the one that revalved it want it on 100mm.Thats megahard

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…