Wr 426 or 450 EXC which one is better for enduros?

CERAChris

May 22, 2002
Both bikes are capable of top finishes in the hands of a skilled rider. I'm not that skilled, so I'll take the KTM every time. It's easier to ride, is very forgiving (tolerating the sit-down-and-twist riding style), comes ready to ride, and has the magic button. The WR has serious horsepower and better high-speed suspension, but requires an aggressive style and MANY kicks to get it started when it stalls - and it likes to stall. And don't forget the aftermarket silencer and gas tank required to get the engine and ergos sorted out on the Yamaha. Most riders will do better with the KTM...

ScottYZ250

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 24, 1999
I completely agree with Chris. The KTM comes ready to race, and is more rider friendly!

MARK IT

~SPONSOR~
Sep 5, 1999
The KTM is better in every way including power and delivery.imo and the suspension is WP and top of the line and way better then the WR's. The KTM is a much better bike period. Kind of like compearing a porch to a mini.

TexKDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 8, 1999
ktm 450 fer sure. A little lighter, plenty of power, friendlier delivery. Da button be nice too. Feels like the 250/300 exc without premix in the tank. The 426 is awesome hitting stuff at speed and fine on the more open single track/atv trails, but when things tighten up the KTM is a much friendlier bike to ride.

skabeeb

Nov 28, 2001
Got the 450 today and did about 12 miles of technical single track. This bike handles like a sports car. Great in the tight stuff!

It doesn't have the explosive power of the WR so I didn't get as tired as I used to. It doesn't sound as powerful either (kinda sounds like an XR 250). Very deceiving!

I guess I'll have to start whooping louder when I need to pass in the next race. On the Wr, all I had to do was bump the throttle and the guy in front of me would hear the growl move off the trail...LOL

skabeeb

Nov 28, 2001
Mark IT you know the SERA rules.....3 checks and you're finished..LOL

You know the difference between the Titanic and the Train Robbers don't you?...........................................................................................................................................The Titanic had a band!

TexKDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 8, 1999
porch, mini, and anthology?

How about Porsche, Mini Cooper, and analogy?

Been thru LA a few times so I news wat you meanded there, but thunk the other DRNers might need some interpolabolulation...

MARK IT

~SPONSOR~
Sep 5, 1999
Tex,How about you mind your own business! this thread already has one A$$
hole to many.
Sorry guys but I cant stand real smart a$$e$.

Top Bottom