James Miller

Jul 26, 2002
Hey guys,

My name is James and I am 15 years old. Anyway, I was wondering if there was anyone that made passenger pegs for my xr 650R. I saw some in the Baja Designs catalog, but you have to weld them on and I don't have a welder, nor do I want to entrust my bike to somebody I don't know. If you do know of a place, would I have to mod the suspension to carry two people?

Now, a question that is maybe a little off topic. I haven't ridden that much yet, but I feel like a wimp. I don't know if any of you have been to uharrie national forest in North Carolina, But I went and couldn't even ride because of the terrain. I have ridden for the past five years on a honda trail 70 minibike, so needless to say, this is a HUGE step up. I feel like I can keep my balance in the sand, and I'm told to go faster and you will plain out. I guess I just want that confirmed before I go and get killed.

Well, that's all my questions for now, but believe me I'll have MORE!

James

James Miller

Jul 26, 2002
BTW, I'm not thinking of taking any passengers soon! My little sister used to ride on my minibike alot with me, and I feel kinda sorry for her.

James

Syd Mitchell

Nov 20, 2001
James, just curious, what height and weight are you?. I ride an xr650r
and my 15 year old son rides a dt125r. The thought of him riding my
big red pig gives me a panic attack.

re. pegs, suggest you ask the members of yahoo groups xr650r or on
a supermoto site.

Don't forget that max. weight for stock spring is 100kg.

cheers, Craig

James Miller

Jul 26, 2002
I'm 6'2" and I weigh 140 lbs. I guess it's a little big, But I think i'll be alright. Is your son's bike a 4 stroke? (maybe a stupid question, but I'm not farmiliar with that bike) What is his height and weight?

James

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
James that was indeed one heck of a jump for you. My father inlaw rides one and hes in the 200lbs. weight range although he is also 6'2" I have riddin at uwharrie as well and w/your experience and a new bike I would understand your difficulties w/ this bike. If you went down/up the real nasty rock hill there I'm very impressed. That is one tough hill to conquer. It is true that if you carry more speed across the rocks(since I assume thats what your having trouble w/) it should help out. The key to learning a new bike is time and experience. Start off in less demanding conditions and work your way up. Also in closing I wouldn't recommend any double riding unless its on very non-demanding dirt/gravel roads. These bikes aren't really designed to carry passengers.

James Miller

Jul 26, 2002
Thanks bryan,

Yeah, those REALLY rocky hills are the ones i'm talking about. I would NEVER think about taking a passenger somewhere that I can't ride myself. I am moving back to Texas in about 6 months, and will live on 90 acres. We will have a driveway that will be around half a mile long, and that is where I was thinking of taking my sister.

It was kinda sad, My dad and I came home with my bike and the first words out of my sister's mouth were: " Where are the places for me to put MY feet?".

James

Barbarian

Nov 22, 2001
James, I just ordered some bolt-on passenger pegs for my wr250f from the jcwhitney online catalog. Just use a search engine to find then. Passenger pegs are a must for taking your girlfriend or sister dual-sporting. I used to have an XR650L that I would dual-sport endlessly with my girlfriend behind Ft. Campbell Kentucky.

Top Bottom