ANGIE

May 29, 2001
You're the man , so here we go! I have a 01 XR100 and want to do something with the suspension. I have heard of stiffer springs, more oil etc. Also there is not an adjustable rear shock out there, or least that I can find. What would you reccomend. I'm 5' 3" 105 lbs. and I ride mostly trails but I have tried racing once. I may have the bug if I can get over riding with alot of far more agressive riders. Please advise, any help is appreciated. I just don't want to start trying this or that and end up with a bunch of out of pocket expense and no improvement or a worse situtation.

CRGuy

Posts Too Much
Nov 14, 2000
I don't think there's new spring's for the lil XR. Like aftermarket stiffer one's.
You could play with the fork oil hieght but I think that's as far as you are going to get. I would go to the suspension forum and you would probaly get a few more detailed responses.
CRG

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
Dennis Kirk catalog shows an adjustable shock with remote resovior for XR100s from 94 to 00, but don't list an 01. Is there a difference in the shock size or is it just to new to list? I'm not sure. It is by Works Performance, go to http://www.worksperformance.com/newproducts.html and click on the dirt shocks link at the top. You might call to see what they have.

Mark C.

Posts Too Much
Nov 1, 2000
if your willingto spend a few hundred dollars for suspension for a XR100 then you might as well get a XR200 or something bigger. :eek: CRG s right tho people in the suspesion forum would probably give ya some better answers.

ANGIE

May 29, 2001
I would love to go to a bigger bike. However I don't feel comfortable with an XR200. Too tall and too heavy!!! But thanks for the tips.

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
Try and rationalize your way onto a KDX200. It will get you to the next level. XR200 is a good second choise. The XR100 has bounderies in capability that limit you to trail riding certain types of trails. We have a 13 year old young lady who is facing the same decision. We have an old KX125 that I cut down the suspension travel to start the boys...she will probably adopt that for a little while. She just HATES the 2-stroke tone. Wants a four stroke. I need to build a plan to evolve her to a good four stroke as she really enjoys riding..(even thought she won't admit it as she is a horse fanatic)..and she has real potential as a rider. :)

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Angie - Contact Frank Nye at http://www.xr100.com/ . He's an XR100 expert, a good guy and the one to talk to about available options.

Keep the XR100, it's a way cool bike that can be made even more fun.

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
Originally posted by Rich Rohrich
[BKeep the XR100, it's a way cool bike that can be made even more fun. [/B]

Especially when you put 4 or 5 on the same track! :)

DualSportr

Aug 22, 2000
Angie,

I'm surprised nobody mentioned the TTR125 as an option here.

The seat height is about the same as the XR, but if you get the L model, the suspension, brakes and chassis are much better at dealing with a more aggressive rider than the XR.

Also, there are MANY aftermarket options for the TTR. It's also much cheaper than the XR to modify.

If you can't get ahold of Frank at Engines Only, give Powroll (www.powroll.com) a call - they've been working on four strokes since '64.

LocoCD

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 22, 2000
The XR 100 is a ton of fun, but the only way to make it really fast and well suspended it to put it on a nice trailer!

It is however a lot of fun chasing that Holy Grail. We started with tires, gearing and pipe.

Last edited:

Mark C.

Posts Too Much
Nov 1, 2000
Are you looking to raise the seat height of the XR100? If so that can't be done so far since I don't think anyone makes a after-market swingarm like BBR does for the TT-R125. If your looking for better performance then try www.powroll.com for parts.

Top Bottom