MotoManiac

Jul 12, 2001
I have recently torn my bike down to the frame while out with a injury. I have been to the local Powder Coating Place here in DAllas but cannot find an exact match to my frame. I have a 01 YZ250. Most of the colors are lighter blue to darker blue but missing some purple. Has anyone tried an off color on their Yamaha. If so, could you send me a picture for reference. I had tried to look online for some pics but couldn't come up with any. I have always liked the way Kawi's look with that bright frame. Any thoughts or suggestions. This company can match the color but it is really too expensive for a dirtbike frame. TY

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
moto....i have the same bike and in a couple of months i hope to do the same thing! when you get it, please share the info with me since i want to try a different frame colour but dont know which!

i wonder if black with the blue plastics would work?

later

bruce

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
I'm sure it could. But sand blasted clean, add a coat of silver /pearle would bring her back. My "zinger needs some help in the frame department and my "tear down" will include paint. It will be white with frame guards on the worn parts.

My .02

Phillip

hustonk

Mar 8, 2004
My 96 YZ had been sitting outside for 9 months when I bought it. I paid $35.00 to have the frame and pipe plastic blasted. I then had Baxley trailer powder-coat the frame for $40.00. They did mine with a little bit lighter blue than stock but it has sort of a texture to it because a silver is added. All my plastics are factory blue. Yeah the hues are different but I've gotten plenty of compliments. I'll get a camera one day!

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
Make sure and shop around on pricing. I went to 4 places and found prices ranging from $100 to $500 for the frame and subframe combined. I have since powder coated two bikes (one black, one blue) and really like the results. If \ when I end up doing my 98 yz, I will go with black, or the gun-metal gray. Ask around at some of your local shops to see who they use. It pays to find someone familiar with dirt bikes, as there are a few threaded, bolt holes that need to be masked, etc.

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
Are you using Cusom Powder Coating by any chance? They did my KTM. Great work, good price. Make sure you get the clear on top, really makes it gloss.

Top Bottom