sparkysakitas

~SPONSOR~
Aug 31, 2005
well was out riding yesterday bike got away from me and ended up in puddle busted it all down tonight was little bit of water and grime in the crank area have been flushing the crank with 2 stroke oil and rotating it seems to be moving smoothly any thoughts should i tear the cases apart and check the crank or replace it ?
having the cylinder honed and piston and rings replaced while it is apart carb cleaned etc you know if its not one thing its another i love this sport :rotfl:

sparkysakitas

~SPONSOR~
Aug 31, 2005
good amount water not real sandy got the cylinder off went out and had it honed getting new piston rings and gaskets
cleaned the carb emptied the crank area out and have been flusing it out with 2 stroke oil everything seems to smooth so far dont race this bike just chug it around on weekends
planning to race soon when i get riding down alittle better
when that time comes i am thinking about sending motor to
forward motion to be beefed up if eric has shop back open

(bike didnt complety submerge like the one at last years dirtweek) :whoa:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I would love to help but the lack of punctuation makes me nausious. Good luck.

sparkysakitas

~SPONSOR~
Aug 31, 2005
sorry i am not the sharpest tack in the package
but then again im not the only one here
sorry 35 year old electrical worker spend 12hours a day on construction site been zapped probably 1 to many times so my grammer isnt that great electrical shock tends to kill a few brain cells

xcracer72

Uhhh...
May 28, 2006
its not too much work to split the cases, it just requires some patience and finesse
Not a bad idea since you will throw up everything you didn't "wash out" into your fresh topend.

xcracer72

Uhhh...
May 28, 2006
removing the lower end isn't that bad. It may help you to have a camcorder rolling.
there are many tips and such on this site which will help

sparkysakitas

~SPONSOR~
Aug 31, 2005
well i skipped the cracking open the lower end
had cylinder honed picked up new piston kit and related items
cleaned the spooge outta power valves put everything back together drained gas put in new premix and she fired right up
now just a little jetting work and ill be good to go

tommorow i think im off to the track for some lessons and maybee start racing sat night

Top Bottom