Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
He doesn't race the Nationals until Millville.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
The AMA has a 16 year old minimum age for national competion. I read that Alessi does not turn 16 until August 2. Millville is the first round after his b'day. FWIW, he asked the AMA for permission to race August 1 at Washougal, but was refused.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Mike was 16 on May the 19th. He is waiting for Milville to debut after Loretta's. Also from what he and his dad had to say on DMXS Milville is the only national they intend to do this year and are unlikely to do SX in 05 to further prepare for his first full outdoors season.

Yogurt

~SPONSOR~
Dec 25, 1999
The Alessi family has moved to Rochester, MN. They were at Millville this past weekend racing for a local D-23 race. He won all 3 of his classes, as should be expected. I was not there, but everyone I talked to who was, says he's blazing fast. He's living here to get ready for his debut.

mxer842

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2003
or he realizes they have talked so much about winning that they better now make sure they are damn well prepared to back it up.

Mxracer695

Jan 5, 2002
Like i said before ,Alessi wasnt beating Josh Grant and Davi Millsaps, that right there should say it all . I gotta admit Alessi has one of the biggest egos . But no way possible he is going to beat bubba or be even close end of point I will be suprised if alessi makes top ten. There is to many good guys in the 125 class for any rider to talk mess.

mxer842

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2003
bubba won moto 2 at Budds Creek by 70 seconds, the only way Alessi will beat him is if he runs him off the track when he gets lapped.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
His resume also includes wins in '04 over Ryan Hughes and Jeremy McGrath. Very impressive for a 16 year old. I could see him getting top ten in his debut.

His attitude might be obnoxious, but it's refreshing to find at least one 125 class rider who thinks he can run with Bubba. I guess we'll find out at Millville if he is delusional or not.

mxer842

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2003
I don't think it is refreshing to have a rider with twice the ego and half the credentials of a JBS who is already borderline cocky.

ktmdad

Feb 29, 2000
dirt bike dave said:
His resume also includes wins in '04 over Ryan Hughes and Jeremy McGrath. Very impressive for a 16 year old. I could see him getting top ten in his debut.

But Hughes and McGrath had nothing to prove at those races. Hughes was using it as a warmup to the Nationals and McGrath was just out for a good day of racing.

Josh Woods did a similar feat at the Mini O's in '01( I believe) beating Stewart by a pretty good margin. Look what Stewart has done as a Pro.

Wait til he get's to Millville when the rest of the top 125 rider's have more on the line. I would not be surprised to hear that Alessi spent the whole weekend picking himself back up after being given a warm welcome by the likes of Stewart, Hughes, Brown, etc......

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
I agree that the some pros will try to shake up Alessi at Millville. He's a little guy with a big mouth. That might bring out the rough riding and mind games by a few riders. But if Alessi wasn't a threat, I don't think they would bother.

BTW, nobody else of any age beat Hughes or McGrath at those pre-season races. Every rider on the gate could have 'proved something' by beating McGrath or Rhino, yet nobody could do it except Alessi.

Its unlikely Alessi is going to be the next Bubba or the next RC, but his mini credentials are impressive and he has shown promise on the big bikes.

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
So what is the common denominator(s) between Bubba and RC? They both are from Florida..grew up racing the sandy tracks, both were Team Green supported....These guys have and will dominate the sport for years to come. Why such a big difference between there two riders and the rest of the Moto Cross world???

TheGrinch

Nov 26, 2000
dirt bike dave said:

His attitude might be obnoxious, but it's refreshing to find at least one 125 class rider who thinks he can run with Bubba. I guess we'll find out at Millville if he is delusional or not.

I agree dbd. At least he believes in his ability to win. Reminds me of what most people thought of Chad Reed when he first hit the U.S. scene. Look where he is now. Believing in his own abilities (which some call cocky), is going to get him further than those who don't believe they can beat Bubba.

TheGrinch

Nov 26, 2000
weimedog said:
So what is the common denominator(s) between Bubba and RC? They both are from Florida..grew up racing the sandy tracks, both were Team Green supported....These guys have and will dominate the sport for years to come. Why such a big difference between there two riders and the rest of the Moto Cross world???

1. Skill
2. Attitude
3. Dedication

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
weimedog said:
Why such a big difference between there two riders and the rest of the Moto Cross world???

IMO, natural ability is the single biggest factor in how fast one can ride a motorcycle. Other relevant items include experience, determination, mental toughness and physical fitness.

Without heaping helpings of natural ability, you can be as determined, experienced and fit as any MXer on the planet, but you still will not catch RC.

jaguar

~SPONSOR~
Jul 29, 2000
South America
I disagree with that last statement.
RC is where he is due to his determination, fitness, and experience.
He's not that skillful or graceful or smart. He is just one tough bulldog who really really hates to lose.

And back on subject; Alessi and his smartass attitude are going to be reduced in size once he gets a big dose of reality racing in the nationals. But I welcome the fresh addition to the sport.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Rat, there is very little "grace" in the way RC rides. Also, I don't think he's so much "naturally" talented as he is determined not to lose.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom