BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
It's just about time. Justql set the dates, May 29, 20, & 31. Camping on site, plenty of trails and we will rework the MX track. We should get try to get at least one big meal together. Post your suggestions and anything you wish to volunteer. I'll get with Justql and do some tractor work and trail trimming over the next month. Mark it down and make your plans.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
we should be there saturday for sure. sunday, kendall will be racing in the okla state championships at ponca. i wish they would quit scheduling the race on memorial weekend.

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
The family plans on the bigtop being put up. Maybe we can get some ribs smoked too. Grass track is iffy at best. But the trails and mx track will be ready. Maybe we'll get lucky and it'll be dry. :)

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Just marked it on my calender. Let me know when the trail trimming begins and I'll help.

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
We rode there this past weekend and the trails were in GOOD shape. Shouldn't require anything but a few arrows at the y's etc. The mx track needs the faces reshaped. Other than that it's all good :yeehaw:

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Justin, add me to the list as well, Jonathan and I are definitely coming this year - you should see him on his KLX110, you won't recognize the kid :)

Neal wants to bring his family too

DoubleTrouble

May 26, 2000
Justin this sound like just the ticket. Two hours to your spot is as close as it gets.

My IT support dates have just changed so I'm going to book the weekend before things change.

I look forward to bringing the family along for a fun time.

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
you should see him on his KLX110, you won't recognize the kid :)

Neal wants to bring his family too

I've been looking for my youngest a bike. Actually considering a KLX, hows he like it?

The more the merrier :) Kids usually have a ball at the place. Nothing fancy but lots for them to do.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
kendall would like to invite a family that races with us. dad, mom, 13 year-old boy, 14 year-old girl and an 8 year-old girl. only the two older kids ride. they are all good people.

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
You know the place and people that'll be there well Jay. If you think they'll have fun invite them. :thumb:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Only a minor amount of trimming will be necessary. The MX track needs some basic maintenance and will be a lot of fun. Justql and I found a few stumps that need to be cut out but all and all the place is in good shape.

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
justql said:
I've been looking for my youngest a bike. Actually considering a KLX, hows he like it?

He really likes it, he can start the bike most of the time, and it is a solid little bike, pulls well. He is starting to ride a bit more aggressively, and this bike because it is easy to ride, allows him to have more confidence - that little bike can throw some roost :) - He is welcome to try it out at the ride.

crf250x_man

Mar 29, 2004
Susan, are there many women who ride? My wife has a 4 wheeler and would like to ride. But not sure if they are welcome there. Thanks for any info you can provide.

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
There is only 6 1/2 mile loop of woods trails, LOTS of open pasture, we "might" have a grass track again, last year was 2+ miles long, there is a little mx track too. Four wheelers for women, injured riders etc are fine. We really don't want a bunch of screaming quads running around, They are always dropping their ice chest. :laugh: There were three quads last year used mostly to haul the guys fishing to the back pond and haul bikes that ended up in the same pond out(Long Story).

The place is nothing fancy but you both are more than welcome to come and ride. :thumb:

VioletSP

Dec 16, 2001
the farm is perfect for timid or new riders (such as myself and mom_enid)

crf250-- we'll just have to convert Mrs. crf250 over to 2 wheeling while shes at the farm with us :aj:

PS-- hey dad you're gonna hafta to change your name now that you are no longer from Enid

srellis

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 25, 2002
crf250x_man said:
Susan, are there many women who ride? My wife has a 4 wheeler and would like to ride. But not sure if they are welcome there. Thanks for any info you can provide.

I "invited" myself last year for a Saturday ride. Unfortunately it poured down rain for an hour early Sat. morning so some of the riding was off limits. It's a beautiful view of the "pond". (I thought is was a lake, but I'm from SW Kansas. I'm not sure we know what water is..)

There weren't any other female riders while I was there. I think they were scared off from the rain, but there were plenty of women there to talk to. All very nice and accomodating. It was the most relaxing weekend I've had in a VERY LONG TIME! The hubby and kids had a blast going through the trails, especially when they were drag racing the bobcat!!! :eek:

Everyone there was great, (Well, maybe not the guy that insisted on roosting me everytime he had to stop to help me. Good thing he kept his helmet on! He stayed anonymous that way), especially Justql and his family.

I'm not sure we can make it this year but I know it will be a very long time before I forget how much fun I had. Thanks!

SusanE

Top Bottom