DoubleTrouble

May 26, 2000
Justin,

We'll be there on Friday evening, all four of us: Neal, Kam, Taika & Bevan. We intend to camp for two night and leave Sunday sometime.

We can't wait. :ride:

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Well I have a tent for the weekend, now I just have to get there.

If anyone is coming from the Albuquerque or Texas Panhandle area, and have space for two bikes, please let me know.

Plans for getting a truck for the weekend have not worked out so, I need some help in getting the bikes there.

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Maybe on the Monday ride. Depends on the weather etc.

Kowkatcher if you read this would you answer your PHONE!!

Zerotact

~SPONSOR~
Dec 10, 2002
I was just gonna kinda show up, and leave when ever everyone else leaves. What should I bring for the big meals? or should I just bring a few bucks to chip in?

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
I just heard from Derek TrailRyder42, he may be coming too .. who hoo :ride:

time to take a break from being trail boss Derek ! :nener:

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
I finally got time to fix the clutch in QL2's bike and bled mine as well. Got them loaded. Have a ton of gear and supplies to load, I plan on leaving late tommorrow night. (boss gave me Friday off)

Talked to kowkatcher on the phone last night, he'lll help set the tent up friday, mom said dad is smoking ten slabs of ribs and two briskets on friday, oldmaiconut is bringing his usual goodies(slaw, beans potato salad etc). Wife has made lots of deserts and has the 12 cans of bisquits and sausage and gravy for Sunday Breakfast. I'll mow the camping area on Friday and post a few signs on trial(X's and W's). I'll also hang arrows on the roads friday. "IF" I can i'll work on the mx track.

Jesse, (bswifts dad) was suppose to pull in this evening. Talk about a hole shot. :laugh:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Jesse, (bswifts dad) was suppose to pull in this evening. Talk about a hole shot.:laugh:
Wait for dinner on Saturday nite if you want to see him get a hole shot! :yikes:

srellis

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 25, 2002
Will there be a grill available for me to cook the brats on Saturday night? If not I can bring one. Thanks!

We are bringing my 10 yo nephew with us. Can't wait to try the MX track since it rained last year and it was too wet...

TreeTalker

May 8, 2004
Srellis, this is for you...

I ordered a skid plate for my bike two weeks ago and they sent the wrong one today. I ordered the Devol plate, but got some $200 dollar carbon fiber one instead. I was highly pissed for them not telling me the truth to start with. Anyways, I am not sure if this carbon fiber plate is tough enough??? Should I keep this plate or go ahead and wait for the Devol plate. They let me have this plate for the same price as the Devol. There is no way I would ever spend $200 on something that is going to get beat up anyways.

This is for the rest of ya....lol

I will be leaving Saturday morning early. If anyone needs me to bring anything let me know. I have plenty of room for stuff. I will leave my number below if anyone gets there friday and forgot to bring something. I will be driving right by a dirt bike shop and also Wal-Mart Saturday. So just give me a ring Friday night or EARLY Saturday. We would be glad to stop and get anything. Looks like the weather might be a little wet on Sunday. But this is Oklahoma, give it a day and the weather forcast will change.
Here is my home number.....LET IT RING....We live on a ranch that has a automated phone system. So once the voice starts to yak at ya just dail our home ext. number. We are going out Friday night, so just leave a voice mail and what you need. I will check the messages before we leave on Saturday.

(918) 487-5281 EXT 329 Thanks and drive safe all...........Lee & Crys

Zerotact

~SPONSOR~
Dec 10, 2002
Having never gone on a trip liek this myself, I plan on packing the following:
my bike
My gear
a cooler
2 packs of hotdogs
prolly 2 gallons of water
baby wipes
5 gallons of gas
tent
sleeping bag

I always hate to bring too much stuff... any other suggestions?

TreeTalker

May 8, 2004
Man these city folks....lol More gas than water??? Just teasing you...But yes a few more suggestions my wife and I have learned the hard way....

BRING MORE FRESH WATER

You can NEVER have enough drinking water. If the shower there isn't working, you might want to shower off at night before hitting the rack. If you are staying all weekend you should bring at least 5 gallons of drinking water. At wally world they sell 6 gallon water containers for 5 bucks.

Also get yourself some egg crate foam to put under your sleeping bag. It makes for a much more enjoyable weekend. If you can afford it, the new air mattresses are very comfy and cool for summer use also. Let me tell you, a rock in the wrong place can really make you think twice about camping anywhere other than Motel 6. See you there..........Lee

Zerotact

~SPONSOR~
Dec 10, 2002
Well, Got 3 gallons of water and a gollon fo gatoraide.... gotta remember the baby wipes are what I plan to take a shower with. I did get an air matress.... how much is the freeway toll?

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Susan-They were suppose to build a new BBQ grill. If not the old one is still there. There is water at the house on the place if needed. I'd prefer we not hit it too hard but if you run out it is available.

Has any one heard from Terry or Don? Who else am I missing. David is suppose to make it with his boys. Jesse is already there.

DoubleTrouble

May 26, 2000
Directions from Wichita.

Justin, BSWIFT, can you provide me with the navigation, thanks.

We are leaving between 2&3 tomorrow, Friday 27th, and hope to hit your place around 5pm. Taika says we should leave right now, 11.30pm tonight. :laugh:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
DT, Take I-35 South to the US 412/Cimeron Turnpike. Go East to Highway 18. This is just past the McDonalds. Turn left(north) and watch for the trail arrows that will be on high line poles and sign posts. The rest of the directions are in this thread.

B

biglou

Alright kids, I'm all set. Pulling out around 4-5 AM tomorrow morning (Sat). Should be there by 9-10 AM. I should have my groove worn into that track 30 minutes later! :laugh:

Zero-It used to be $3.50 on I-35, not sure about the Cimmaron TP, if there is a toll there or how much.

Bike? Check. Fuel? Check. Tent? Check. Coronas? Checky-check! Limes? Indeedly-doodly. Ice? Yup. Water? Mmm-hmm. Baby wipes? Deoderant? Sleeping bag? Cot? Aye!

A little bit of information-I have yet to clean the air filter on the new 450. Nothing but rain up here all year so far, and lack of riding partners... Bastages. I'm ready to ride!

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
biglou said:
Zero-It used to be $3.50 on I-35, not sure about the Cimmaron TP, if there is a toll there or how much.

no toll on i-35 in oklamama, cimarron has a toll, not sure how much. i think they just spin a roulette wheel when you get to the booth.

TreeTalker

May 8, 2004
Well all packed here....just got to get the dogs to the sitter first thing in the morning and we are off. AND THE GAS PRICE WENT DOWN HERE TODAY!!!!! Think I will spend the extra money on some life insurance...lol
I also had a talk with the trees, it went better than I thought. They said they would take it easy on us and I promised to leave the chain saw at home. Have a safe trip all, see you there.....................Lee & Crys

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Well, I was hoping to make it up, but it isn't looking good. I have some stuff that I really need to complete for work and riding somewhere every other weekend for the last 8 weeks has left a few chores undone around the house as well. I need some sheep for my yard.

Ya'll have fun now ya hear.

Put me and tx246 down for the hole shot next year.

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
Did someone say chainsaw? :nener:

Hey guys, sounds like a large group this year. Did Justin say its dry? No way, how did that happen! I'm out on this one. A old friend of mine contacted me last week. He bought a bike after 17 years. Long story short the last time we raced together we both took a trip to the hospital. Anyway, we are meeting Sat go ride at Racer Edge. It will be fun for sure.

You guys and gals have fun! :ride:

OKKX'er

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 10, 2001
You guys have a good time, too busy here what with my volunteer work at the Wayward Girl's home and all. Ya'll pass Justin a few times for me please, and thank him for thinking of me.

Top Bottom