pradami

Sep 1, 2006
Hey,
I just bought a 2001 Honda CR250, I haven't ridden it really yet because it is still winter. I want to put some extra things on it to make it better. I currently have a Gnarly Gold series pipe with a powercore II silencer on it. It has an Applied Triple clamp with Renthal twin wall bars. What would you guys suggest that i get for it next? Thank you

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
What type of riding do you plan to do?

If the forks are stock, you will benefit from a re-valve, especially if you will be trail riding.

The '01 motor is pretty thirsty, so if you want to do long trail rides you should look into a bigger gas tank.

A flywheel weight would also be nice for trail riding.

pradami

Sep 1, 2006
Sorry, i forgot to say that i have an oversized tank on it. I have heard about the keihin carb, but what does that do? I do mostly trail riding and sometimes i do some motocross racing on my track. I have the gnarly for the bottom end during trail riding. I think that the suspension was re-valved, but how would i go about doing that? or should i take it to a shop?

TWRT

Sep 13, 2001
The forks and shock need to have the oil changed and internals cleaned, from time to time. Also, the internal components wear, degrading performance. If they have been service lately, then you are ok. If not, it can make a big difference. Many people work on their own suspension. I send mine to a shop.

kkencr250

Sep 25, 2006
The keihin carb is easier to get dialed in. Meaning the jetting isn't as tricky to get it running right. The carb that came with your bike can be tricky and are harder to get dialed in just right. Basically, it's a better carb imho.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
If you care about your riding and your bikes performance then get the suspension done for your weight and style,STAT! I am partial to MX tech, oh yeah he is a sponsor here!

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Factory Connection has a long history of doing CR suspension for offroad.

You might want to ride the bike a few times first before making any major changes. My '99 had Factory Connection supsension and it was considerably better than a stock '01 that I rode.

pradami

Sep 1, 2006
What should i look for when im riding? like what should be a sign that i should adjust the bike? is it if im just trying to fight through a section? or what?

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
The stock forks will likely be harsh when you hit roots and rocks. A revalved suspension will be more plush on sharp hits, but still maintain good bottoming resistance on jumps and whoops. Ideally, a revalve will make the bike much less tiring to ride on nasty trails and you will remain in better control.

Top Bottom