2003 MTDR Loretta Lynn's Spring Ride April 5 & 6

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Tom,

We'll be there.  We will be up to the campground by dinner time on Friday night.  I'm assuming that I'll need to renew my VSTA membership since I signed up there last year.

We're looking forward to it.  I'm hoping that more DRN members from the mid-west will drive down for this event.

gnarlykaw

Sponsoring Member
May 20, 2001
We are a GO! for the entire family! will cut out sometime friday. Now you guys need to tell me where I can set up the travel trailer! Like Timr said, we need to all set up close together!

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Eddie wants to go, very much so. I have to find out a couple of schedules for work though. So did everyone pre-register or are you all planning on doing it down there? If I go, I sure want to ride at least 2 days and camp for a night or two.

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Eddie,

Last year we preentered, but the line on friday evening wasn't too long either way.  So, your good either way.  I think we'll pre-enter again this year.  We plan to camp friday night and saturday night.  Riding both Sat and sunday.

This is going to Rock!  You need to talk Sarge into going.

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
This is what they had last year for trails:

Kids/Beginner - Grass track layed out in a field adjacent to the campground

Beginner/Novice - 4 mile loop near the campground, mostly open trails.  not too difficult.

Adult/Advanced - 21 mile loop, mostly single track, some virgin woods, technical in some places, a few challenging hill climbs  (Awesome!! Big grins on every rider!)  There were early out routes that would take you back to camp on two track trails if you needed to get back with out completing the entire loop.  Trail is one-way traffic and marked like a HS/Enduro course with arrows.  This trail left from the upper end of the campground and dumped you out about 75 yards away from where you started out on it.  I heard that they were trying to add about 3 miles of new stuff to this loop.  I was told that it all depended on the weather leading up to the event.  If they had time, they'd do it, if not, it would be virtually the same loop as last year.  From what I understand, the trail loop that we rode last year, has seen little to no traffic on it since last years event.  So, it should be great!

Blue Thunder

~SPONSOR~
Dec 20, 2000
Thanks Timr, I've got a shopvac cleaning the drool from my keyboard :confused: ...that 21 miler sounds right up my alley!!
I know some KC fellers should be heading that way, if work and wife approve, I may just have to jump in the back of a truck and make the haul.

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Jason, you'll love Loretta Lynn's!  Super Fresh, bar bangin' single track!  You gotta come out here! :thumb:

Blue Thunder

~SPONSOR~
Dec 20, 2000
It do sound tempting! I'll chat w/Swade and what we can do the closer we get, already have a trip to Muenster planned for April 10th-13th...now...do we travel 8hrs SW or 8 hrs SE...CRIPES..serious tug of war here.. :p

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
:whiner: Guys, it looks like I'm out for this ride.  The boneheads at the AMA just rescheduled the National Enduro in LA from March 23rd to April 6th.  Turns out one of the schedulers forgot to look at the GNCC schedule when they came up with the March 23rd date.  Obviously Lafferty and Hawkins can't be in two places at the same time on March 23rd.  Now Timr can't be in two places at the same time on April 6th.  I hate to miss this ride.  You guys will have a blast.

gnarlykaw

Sponsoring Member
May 20, 2001
Were getting syked over here about the ride! We are looking at a PW80 for my youngest so he too, can get in on the action!

deagle

May 21, 2001
How bout it folks. You all know the trails are going to be super and MTDR's goal is to make this one of the premier rides in the Southeast, or anywhere for that matter, so it's a win/win situation. I encourage all who can to pre-register and save a few dollars although the weekend is worth double or triple the required amount. I can say the weather here in Nashville has been super lately, even dry for a few days, with a touch of rain today. That all makes for great trails that you can really test yourself on. If anyone needs info. on the area or the Ranch, feel free to post here and we can give you a direct reply by e-mail or even phone.

tomthumb

Apr 12, 2000
Don’t forget pre-registration ends in 7-days (03-26-03) and can save you $10.00 a rider. This years main loop is +23 miles and has a little of everything including lots of trees and rocks. If you enjoy challenging ride that you can take at your own pace don’t miss this opportunity.

Visit www.mtdr.net for more information.

I look forward to seeing you at the riders meeting.

tomthumb

tomthumb

Apr 12, 2000
Weather.com and acruweather.com show the weekend of 5th & 6th to be partly cloudy with the lows in the mid 40’s and the highs in the low 70’s.

Let’s ride!

Top Bottom