2004 Ladies' Valentines Day Spodefest (Reno)

gnarlykaw

Sponsoring Member
May 20, 2001
that's cool, but i just bought a new bike, and I gotta figure out a way to get it there. The shipping companys are not very kind roght now. but still looking!

B

biglou

Rick-As the time gets closer, we'll know if we have any openings for transport or not. And we're cheaper than the "big" shipping companies! ;) $100 per bike is the cost, and that's to help Tony E. with gas and maybe an oil change. I'd have to go back and check the list, but as of right now, I think we are pretty much full. Still, it's a first come, first served basis. I'm working on XR3J up in Nebraska to join us, too.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Originally posted by bbbom
Pinball dahling! ;)

The hill was too easy this time I'm afraid, but only because I knew you weren't there so what was the point of pretending to be a damsel in distress?

Besides, it was so dusty, Karl would have run over me if I didn't make it!!! :eek:

Which hill? The "Fork You Karl" hill, or the one Karl showed us all how to correctly climb?

Bbbom, are you guys going this year? Even if we can't carpool, we can caravan.

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
No the BIG hill behind the pits to the left (southwest). The long long sandy downhill. It looks like it goes on forever.

bbbom

~SPONSOR~
Aug 13, 1999
Wrong hill Strick! The hill I was referring to was one here in the NW!

Firecracker, it was the long hill on the ride over to Batey Bould with the big rut, cinderblocks that had blown out and a nice big tree root about 8" tall across the trail almost at the top of the hill. You come up the rutty cinderblock blow out section, hit a road intersection then head up the hill that you uh struggled with that made the s turn to the left then had the root in it.

Gord helped us out on the section after the road on the Father's Day ride. You remember! ;) :laugh:

As far as Reno, still not sure - it's weather and work dependant. If we do go caravan sounds good.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Originally posted by bbbom
Wrong hill Strick! The hill I was referring to was one here in the NW!

Firecracker, it was the long hill on the ride over to Batey Bould with the big rut, cinderblocks that had blown out and a nice big tree root about 8" tall across the trail almost at the top of the hill. You come up the rutty cinderblock blow out section, hit a road intersection then head up the hill that you uh struggled with that made the s turn to the left then had the root in it.

Gord helped us out on the section after the road on the Father's Day ride. You remember! ;) :laugh:

As far as Reno, still not sure - it's weather and work dependant. If we do go caravan sounds good.

Yes indeed I do remember, as I am sure Gord does too. Thank you for all your help and patience.

That was a nasty hill! And I suck at hills anyway!

pinball

Sponsoring Member
Oct 19, 2003
Originally posted by firecracker22

(Yes indeed I do remember, as I am sure Gord does too. Thank you for all your help and patience. )

I always like to help out ,but the only reason I was at the back of the pack was that somebody hit me with a blender the night before :laugh: Maybe we should leave it at home.. Too many people could get hurt !! :thumb:

Last edited:

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Originally posted by pinball
I always like to help out ,but the only reason I was at the back of the pack was that somebody hit me with a blender the night before :laugh: Maybe we should leave it at home.. Too many people could get hurt !! :thumb: [/B]

Oh no don't do that! We'll live through the pain, I am sure!

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Originally posted by pinball
Well then , maybe we`ll bring both of our blenders!!

Margaritas?.........or Strawberry Daquiries?  Choices, Choices!! :yeehaw:

Wait!  I'll just have one of EACH! :thumb:

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
Blender, blender, blender.

It's Moonrocks folks -you don't need no stinking blender! :think:

Here is all you do: bungee your mixing device (metal container) full of ice and your libations to your front fender, up next to the triple clamps. Ride up and down the whoop hill WFO 6 times, and viola' mixed (blended with crushed ice) drink. :aj:

Last edited:

pinball

Sponsoring Member
Oct 19, 2003
Now if you had 30 of those devices tied to your bike ,or did that 30 times,you could have as much as we make in one batch!! (nah nah).

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
Let's see 100 bikes, 100 riders, 50 bottles of booze, 100lbs of ice, 600 runs at WFO and you have 3 times as much as you have in just one batch. It's almost like BYOB. Actually it IS BYOB - Bring Your Own Blender.

I am soooooo clever, huh?

HobRoff

Sep 10, 2003
Wow, fourteen pages, don't have time right now to peruse the whole thread. Good ridin, Good skiin - it's got me thinkin. So the trip is worth the while I guess. Where exactly is the main rendezvous, and would a pseudo Oldtimer MX'er fit in. Would be comin down from Olympia. Mucho Gracias in advance.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Strick can answer all the logistics questions, but from one really ol' fart to another ... come on down. :p

Everybody (for the most part) is staying at the Peppermill.

My god, son, we weren't even born in the same decade :laugh:

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
Yep Peppermill or Campin' out at the Moonrocks. Lot's of old style natural terrain MX courses and much much much more!

HobRoff

Sep 10, 2003
Thanx for the replys guys. Hey, guess these are some of the riding areas
http://www.otmx.com/practice_tracks.htm I have some stiff deadlines to meet by Jan 15th and that'll be when I know I can make it or not, gotta start sweet talkin my most signifcant other. Coincides with our anniversery but skiing Tahoe should be an easy sell, the dirt bike half is never as easy. Gotta hit the road.

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
Yes spodes, the dirt at the moonrocks was magic today. I have found a new wash that is probobly 5 miles long, and is the twistiest, turniest wash I have ever been in. Not gnarly just nasty. Lots 'o fun!

Four days of moisture and that place is THE BEST! There was snow up high, but not so deep you couldn't ride it. Man what a day!

Last edited:
Top Bottom