2nd Annual Clear Creek New Years Ride

vipros

Nov 3, 2002
Sorry for raining on your parade.....but maybe I've become a little wiser in my old age. I didn't post my opinion to make people defensive, but to think about our sport for a minute. I applaud everyone's efforts to keep our riding areas clean but it goes beyond that. I have riden in the mud "been there, done that", but I try to learn from my mistakes and understand their ramifications. I am not the enemy, just a messenger. What I have is a point of reference (1970) to compare to what we have today. Carnegie, for example, is in very bad shape despite all that green sticker money compared to just 10 to 15 yrs. ago. I too have a son (8yrs.) who rides and my hope for him is to have more and better areas to ride in than I had.
As for organized events, many responsible clubs that hold yearly events in the same areas work hard to keep those areas in as good a shape as possible, as many of you club members know. That way they are allowed to use the land in the future.
We are all in the same boat- a lot of people doing what they enjoy in a limited amount of space. Let's try not to let that space slip away. P.S.... I was never in 500th place..ha ha 499 maybe.

Top Bottom