Cman250

Dude Guy Bub
~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Mar 31, 2007
This is my first year owning and storing a bike. This winter i won't be using it that much and Ive heard that there are a few things you should do before storing your bike for a long period of time. I was wondering if this still applied if your bike is being stored in a heated area like your basement? I did drain the fuel tank. Do i have to do more if im storing it over the winter?

Sandman 2.0

Apr 29, 2004
Cman250 said:
This is my first year owning and storing a bike. This winter i won't be using it that much and Ive heard that there are a few things you should do before storing your bike for a long period of time. I was wondering if this still applied if your bike is being stored in a heated area like your basement? I did drain the fuel tank. Do i have to do more if im storing it over the winter?
Wash bike.....treat plastics with lemon pledge.......(Seriously, It works wonders.)
Drain Float bowl if you haven't already.
Plastic bag over exhaust or pipe plug
Change trans oil
Teaspoon of oil in plug hole........turn engine over a few time to distribute......With 2 strokes for short term storage....probably really not needed.....I never did although factory manuals always recommend doing it.
Store on stand with wheels off the ground.
Wipe down an surface where paint is worn off with oily rag to prevent corrosion.
Oil chain

I don't think I missed anything

Top Bottom