91 cr 125 stator and cdi testing

Lonewolf

May 30, 2002
i have a 91 honda cr 125, it has had a problem for awhile now and i couldnt figure it out so i took it to a repair shop. the only thing i can possibly think is it is electrical and the guy at the shop thinks its electrical too, so i told him to check it out for me but he has had the bike for over 3 weeks now and he hasnt looked at it yet and im starting to get really ticked off. can any of you guys give me any advice on how to check the stator? the mechanic at the bike shop seems to think that it is a cdi but like i said he hasnt actually looked at the bike yet.

Lonewolf

May 30, 2002
its kind of hard to explain so bare with me. it doesnt happen all the time, it seems like it runs rich from 1/4 throttle back, it makes a "bawh" type noise, it almost stops running sometimes. like i said though it doesnt do this all the time. i mess with jetting and it did nothing at all. i had the coil checked, its fine, i checked out all my electrical connection and there ok.

Lonewolf

May 30, 2002
finally the shop called today and the bike is ready. im kind of embarrased to say what was wrong because i thought i checked eveything right, i had grounded the cdi wrong, it was touching rubber, im such an idiot!

Top Bottom