Bill Beard

Dec 3, 2001
Hi all--
My gas petcock is leaking from the fitting(elbow) on the back side of the petcock. I have had it apart but it doesn't seem to have a place for an o-ring (it's just a slip fit). Does it need an o-ring, or just pressed in harder? I have temporarily slowed the leak with some epoxy, but it does still drip some. Thanks for any help. Bill

sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
my elbow is pointing forward

i seem to remember being cocerned about the thing just pushing in there but had forgot till now mine does not leak

I'd try to pull it out and clean it up real good and epoxy it in there with my hanger 9
2 part liquid epoxy

EYY

May 22, 2010
Mine did exactly the same thing... I eventually got sick of losing more fuel than I was using, and decided to do something about it.

I inserted a tapered punch into the leaking side of the elbow and gave it a few light taps with a hammer to enlarge its outside diameter. This increased outside diameter made for an interference within the petcock and stopped it from leaking any further. I also used some yamabond to help seal between the elbow and petcock when re-assembling as it is said to be fuel resistant.

Good luck with the repair!

Top Bottom