motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
time to add a few more memories...

riding Patman's trials bike (thanks!) trying to negotiate through the camp by Tony Eads, still not sure if he said "wow that's a cool bike" or "get the h^&* outa there". I was squeezing between objects trying not to dab...I dabbed, but managed to not scrape the footpegs on anything. :debil:

noticing the overabundance of bug tracks through the dust in the morning...i think they were plotting against us but never quite figured out how to steal our coolers without making any noise

the small track was a hoot...gotta love the tables and the flat-track friendly s-curves in the back!

the awesome beef brisket sandwiches from "GET MOCHA" (just kidding on the screen name) :p

standing near a jump during the mx races, then realizing I had just inherited "flagger" position without a flag or any official notice. it was a blast!

giving Jaybird a hard time in person

Sarge was exactly like I thought he would be (in a good way)

Elk is not the crotchety old coot that we thought he was...although he does get grouchy when bugs are around!

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Opening Thumps fridge door and ripping it off the hinges then Billy saying, "Man, I'm glad I didn't open that!"

Sarge teaching me how to put my shoes and hat in my sleeping bag and waiting to ambush PapaKeith with a tire iron.

Listening to Sara call David and Billy Mister and seeing Billy's reaction, 'Whuuuuuuttt?"

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
Hitting the road at 4:30 AM... with no coffee.

Realizing that even though I live in the 6th fastest growing area in the country, its still small hometown... There are no gas stations open at 4;45 AM, and still no coffee! :eek:

Finally getting gas and coffee in Tulsa at 7 AM. Yeah baby! :yeehaw:

Listening to Poisons greatest hits 4 times cause the cd will not come out and the radio won't turn on

Five miles east of Stillwater the cd finally comes out, and all I can find on the radio is country...

Turning the corner at Cooperland and seeing the DW 02 sign and thinking, its not a dream, its not a dream.

Like others seeing the kids track and thinking its part of the bike track. Cool.

Seeing the rest of the Heartland Spodes who I don't get to see as often as I would like.

Meeting so many people my head still hurting. Jaybird, TXbigguy, Nikki, Okie, Elk to name a few of the top of my head. There were many more. All were eager to talk and rub elbows with fellow dirtbike riders.

Talking with Agent Orange. The conversation went from bikes, to my house closing in a few weeks, to bikes, more bikes, watching the races, bikes once again. Good stuff. Did I say we talked about bikes?

Meeting Cooper again. This is about the 5th time I have spoke with Cooper. Everytime he acts like a normal joe. Great guy.

Shaking Dubach's hand on the starting line while I was taking pictures of the second motos.

Setting up next to one of the table tops to take a picture of Cooper doing one of his patient pending whips, only to hit the sutter to find I had turned off the camera. Duh!!! :scream:

Bswift letting all takers take a spin on his new YZ 450, with a big smiling knowing they would come back with an even larger smile themselves.

Riding Bswifts YZ 450, my first time on a four stroke, coming back with a smile I tried to hide as a smirk. All I could say was "Daddy likes"! :aj:

Talking with Treejumper at the awards ceremony. Even with a broke leg from his miss q on the track he was still all smiles. What a trooper.

Hearing my ticket number being called at the awards ceremony. And walking away with two Wyndham gold value awards. Should come in handy next year for the Dallas SX!

The Heartland Spodes DW 02 shower. Proof with a little thought, anything can be built!

The smell of many types of two stroke oil on the crispy morning air.

Looking at the DW 02 sign in my mirror as I pulled out of the track Saturday night thinking, next year I'm coming with a 4 stroke in my truck!

Thanks to Okie and family and all others that put time, sweat and effort to make this great event happen.

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
Originally posted by Sawblade
Hearing my ticket number being called at the awards ceremony. And walking away with two Wyndham gold value awards. Should come in handy next year for the Dallas SX!

Give the Summerfield Suites By Wyndham in Las Colinas a try. You can't beat the room layout and it's only 6 to 10 miles from the stadium. :thumb:

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
Waxing philosophical in the Texas camp late one night. I think that if we had a little more alcohol, we could have solved many of the world’s problems.

Staying in a trailer with A\C! When the rains came and woke me up, I just fluffed the pillow, roller over, and went back to bed (no 1 reason trailers are better than tents).

Telling jokes with Tony Eeds, Jaybird (thanks for the chain lube), TX big guy, and more!

Eating 3 solid meals a day, plus 3 more after 5:00 pm.

The smack talking sessions with Milk! He just keeps em coming.

Ribbing Justin about his bike (all in fun, of course).

Riding the 500 with 18 or 20 other riders and actually putting a few “trail miles” in.

Explaining to my girlfriend the next day that I didn’t have too much Bourbon the night before. “I had just the right amount!”

The satisfaction of having a flat removed, and a new tire (actually two tires and tubes) installed on my bike by Cycle Werks in less than 20 minutes.

The sight of the bike corral (eight bikes) behind the trailer with only two riders. It isn’t greed, but it sure looks cool to see all of those bikes in one place.

Exploring new trails with Ed, Randy, and Thumbs on the little XR 200 and actually enjoying it immensely.

I met a bunch of people that I really liked and related to, that never tired of talking dirt bikes! Man heaven!!!

Last, but not least, the nightly Rock Jams at Motometal, Jake

Top Bottom