mark_england

Mar 6, 2002
sorry guys more questions im affraid.

fitting a 90 e2 200 engine into a kx125 frame

are the kx radiators up to the job? big enough?

also whats the way forward with the exhuast?

is a kx125 pipe usable [right shape?] i expect to do some cutting and welding

or am i best using a kdx pipe and fitting it to the frame?

ok last question for now

who makes aftermarket pipes for a 90 kdx,, and will a later model kdx pipe fit?

cheers :eek:

gn83tm

Dec 30, 2002
Mark, I posted an answer on the other thread but will expand a little here and answer some of your other questions.

Radiators: I think they're close to the same size although I haven't measured them. I haven't had any cooling problems.

Pipe: If I recall correctly, Fredette told me he did a conversion with a 2001 or 2002 bike and the later model KDX pipe fit with only minor modifications - mainly in the mounting tabs. There are some differences in the KDX motors as far as the KIPS housing that can give you fits with the pipe clearances. I wouldn't try to use a KX pipe due to the tuning issues let alone the fitment issues. They are totally different animals. In any case, the place to start would be with a newer KDX pipe since they take the "low road" to the rear (like a KX) rather than running up high like the 1990 KDX.

I posted the msn link on the other reply but here it is again: http://groups.msn.com/KDXRidersCommunity/kx200gn83tmia.msnw

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Pipe: Dyno port used to make a pipe specifically for this conversion. However, someone posted last year that his pipe has been discontinued. But, you should call them anyway. One person on here who did the conversion purchased a conical pipe set. Basically you fabricate a custom pipe using these cones. The end rusult worked out real well from what we could see in the picutes. Anyway, I think the Dyno port folks could tell you more about this.

gn83tm

Dec 30, 2002
Timr, I was in on that discussion last year when I was building my bike. You are correct in that someone stated that DynoPort had discontinued the pipe. When I called them however, he told me that although they were out of stock at that time, they would build the pipe for anyone who wanted one and wanted to wait a few weeks. I basically bought the parts from them that they would use to build the hybrid pipe along with some silencer/spark arrestor parts. After much cutting, fitting, grinding, welding and frustration I ended up with a nice pipe for my efforts. I didn't start with a newer KDX pipe because I figured I'd have to do some modifications anyway, especially around the KIPS area, although it may have been an easier route to take.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom