A judge who's hand I want to shake!

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Rob you have sunk to an absolute low by claiming just because she didn't injure anyone she should not do jail time. She should have been aware of the risks in driving drunk and decided to take the chance with MY families safety. To decriminalize something up until someone is injured is assinine. Should we decriminalize attemted homicide because nobody died? Driving a 4000 lb vehicle under the influence is pretty dam close.
I do not believe in throwing first time DUIs in jail but there should be a punishment in order to send a message not only to them but to everyone that it is not acceptable. If the person can not comprehend the lesson and repeats then the penalty must get stricter.

Anybody that wants to get drunk and kill themselves is welcome to do it on an abandonned road but when they drive on a public roadway and endanger another person they have crossed the line

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
truespode said:
I guess I get to rob whoever I want as long as they are not home and/or I don't injure them during my "redistribution" of their property.

Robbing someone is injurious to them.

RYDMOTO

~SPONSOR~
Feb 16, 2001
Whatever the case....there are a whole lot of people who drink wisely now due to the DUI laws.That's what the strict enforcment was designed to do and for the most part it is working.there are some goofball opinions out there.Must be from California. :nener:

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Vic said:
Robbing someone is injurious to them.

Ok... how about I put this as similar as I can to the idea that we should legalize drunk driving.

What if I sneak into someone's attic and steal something and they never find out about it. I didn't injure them b/c they never knew about it. There was no chance of them getting hurt in any way by me taking something that is not mine and keeping it. I still committed a crime.

It is the same thing as drunk driving. According to Rob's article it is ok to drive drunk and not pay any price as long as nobody finds out (arguably b/c you did not get in any accident).

Same with speeding. According to the article Rob posted we should be allowed to speed legally.

Granted we all do it but if I get popped for speeding then I pay the ticket, the higher insurance premiums and take responsibility for breaking the law. But, I never injured anyone while speeding.

Ivan

sixds

Mar 25, 2007
Ok... how about I put this as similar as I can to the idea that we should legalize drunk driving.

What if I sneak into someone's attic and steal something and they never find out about it. I didn't injure them b/c they never knew about it. There was no chance of them getting hurt in any way by me taking something that is not mine and keeping it. I still committed a crime.

It is the same thing as drunk driving. According to Rob's article it is ok to drive drunk and not pay any price as long as nobody finds out (arguably b/c you did not get in any accident).

Same with speeding. According to the article Rob posted we should be allowed to speed legally.

Granted we all do it but if I get popped for speeding then I pay the ticket, the higher insurance premiums and take responsibility for breaking the law. But, I never injured anyone while speeding.

thats a really good way to put it.

just_a_rider

Jul 25, 2006
I say throw the rich little spoiled brat into a mens prison for a week and tell the guards to turn their heads to any thing going on :moon: People like that always have an above the law state of mind, need to shove that silver spoon as deep as they can get it :yell:

friar tuck

Feb 9, 2006
Saying DUI should be legal is crazy. Should it be legal for me to take my .357 revolver, put one cartridge in, spin the cylinder, and put it to your head and pull the trigger??? I mean, there's a 5 out of 6 chance it won't go off, and I should only be punished if it DOES go off, right?

Moose

~SPONSOR~
Sep 16, 2006
just_a_rider said:
I say throw the rich little spoiled brat into a mens prison for a week and tell the guards to turn their heads to any thing going on . . .

Yeah because mistreating her is really going to teach her a lesson. :coocoo: You gotta realize this happens a lot, to many different people. Just because it happened to a celebrity, it's a big deal now. :think:

robwbright said:
Drunk driving should be legalized.

That is possibly the most bizarre thing I've ever heard come out of a lawyers mouth.

I don't know about you Rob, but I wouldn't want to be on the same Highway or Street as someone who is incapable of keeping their 3000 lb. car safely on that street or highway. I've known and heard of way too many impaired driving accidents that resulted in injury or even death in some cases, to want to legalize it.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
just_a_rider said:
I say throw the rich little spoiled brat into a mens prison for a week and tell the guards to turn their heads to any thing going on :moon: People like that always have an above the law state of mind, need to shove that silver spoon as deep as they can get it :yell:

Sound a bit jealous there :laugh: I think she is in jail because she is a celeberty, and a judge wants the attention.

Off topic, but did anybody see SouthPark the other night? :rotfl: :rotfl:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I think she is in jail because she is a celeberty
Violating probation from a DUI sure can't be the reason :eek:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Okiewan said:
Violating probation from a DUI sure can't be the reason :eek:
Naaa! Can't be that.::

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Life aint fair :|

I think it is great she is locked up, But, I think she is locked up due to the publicity and the judge had no other choice. If he let her go, he would be on the hot seat. I think if a person has 1 dui they should lose all driving privileges, no second chance BS. What really gets me is child molesters, they get parolled and the judge lets them out, they don't go where a judges neighborhood and become "rehabilitated" :|

02yz426f

Nov 15, 2006
Your telling me if someone has 2-3 beers and drives, they should lose all driving privledges? Obviosously you have never been in a bar or even had a beer for that matter. Driving with two beers in your system should not be grounds for loss of a license, which ends up with job termination because of your lack of transportation. With no money, you can't pay the rent, buy food for your children, or provide shelter for your family. I've seen people who are a bigger danger to others because of distractions such as cell phones, make-up, and crying babies rather than minute alcohol consumption.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
02yz426f said:
Your telling me if someone has 2-3 beers and drives, they should lose all driving privledges? Obviosously you have never been in a bar or even had a beer for that matter. Driving with two beers in your system should not be grounds for loss of a license, which ends up with job termination because of your lack of transportation. With no money, you can't pay the rent, buy food for your children, or provide shelter for your family. I've seen people who are a bigger danger to others because of distractions such as cell phones, make-up, and crying babies rather than minute alcohol consumption.
Yes they should.

Ive been in more bars than I should of, I got lucky. Never had a beer? My Dad drove a beer truck for a living :laugh:

A person should not put themselves in a position to lose there job over alcohol.

2 wrongs dont make a right :)

Moose

~SPONSOR~
Sep 16, 2006
that's an odd argument. The law is the law...if putting 2 beers in your system puts you over .08%...then so be it. Don't drive. Be responsible.

Last edited:

02yz426f

Nov 15, 2006
rickyd said:
Yes they should.

Ive been in more bars than I should of, I got lucky.
QUOTE]

The thing is that most adults do drink and drive. Ricky if you are so steadfast on this new law, why wouldn't you turn yourself in for drunk driving, you seem so honest with all of these conservative values. Yet again, a politic is a hipocrit. Don't you know the law applies to everyone? Your actions definately conflict with your words. You are just like everybody else who drinks and drives. As long as you get away with it, its OK, but damned be the drunk next to you on the road if he is caught.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
02yz426f said:
Your telling me if someone has 2-3 beers and drives, they should lose all driving privledges?
they should if it puts them over the legal limit and they get caught. Too freakin' bad if they lose their job and whatnot. maybe they shoulda followed the rules. Ever hear of a designated driver? They work pretty good.
02yz426f said:
I've seen people who are a bigger danger to others because of distractions such as cell phones, make-up, and crying babies rather than minute alcohol consumption.
agreed. Why are most of 'em women? Maybe we should ban women drivers . . . ;)

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
Rob, your an idiot. :yell:

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
I propose someone regularly takes potshots at Rob with an automatic weapon, as long as they miss it's no harm, no foul right? Should they succeed you can comfort your family in knowing they'll be prosecuted without having previously had their freedom pre-emptively taken away.

Top Bottom