A judge who's hand I want to shake!

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
02yz426f said:
:yeehaw: Rob should get a gun and shoot back. Maybe a dirtbike driveby :ride:

Nah, Rob prefers to snipe in threads on DRN. We get one shot up front and then never hear from him again! :nod:

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Vic said:
Same, here. I'd rather see her parents in jail.

And another makes my ignore list. What, in the flying *%$# do her parents have to do with it? If I had a dollar for every time I've heard it was someones parental fault for the actions of a child, I would be sitting in Maui with my toes in the sand and a drink in my hand. People do what they do, not because of how they were raised, but more so, because of their immediate life and the things that go on around them.

Do you seriously think I got a DUI when I was 19 years old because of the way my parents brought me up? NO. I got that DUI because I was out partying with my friends.

Bye bye Vic.

lwsmithjr

~SPONSOR~
Sep 18, 2002
I'm not going to unleash everything that's going through my mind right now, but obviously these guys who cry no harm, no foul have never lost a loved one to a drunk driver.

My dad - the guy who introduced me to dirt bikes - never got to see my kids learn to ride a dirt bike because of a drunk driver. A drunk driver who was in the process of running from the police because of another accident he had just caused less than 3 minutes earlier. A drunk driver who was out on bail and driving with a suspended license from a previous DUI. A drunk driver, who if he had been sitting in jail for 45 days instead of out on bail, would not have been able to kill my dad. But, because he was out, he ran a red light at over 70 mph and hit my dad's car broadside.

A drunk driver is not a six shooter with one bullet --- he's more like a machine gun firing randomly into the air. Sooner or later, someone will get hit.

To Rob, and everyone else who reads this....I hope it's not your dad - or wife - or child.

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
What, in the flying *%$# do her parents have to do with it?

You are right, it must be the Public Schools fualt ;)

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
bsmith said:

Paris went to private skool.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
bsmith said:

LOL. It has to be skoooling!

None the less. You can bring your children up in as proper a manner as you want. What they do when they get out on their own is another story. Sad, but true.

Rooster is a perfect example of that! :yikes:

adam728

Aug 16, 2004
lwsmithjr said:
A drunk driver who was in the process of running from the police because of another accident he had just caused less than 3 minutes earlier. A drunk driver who was out on bail and driving with a suspended license from a previous DUI. A drunk driver, who if he had been sitting in jail for 45 days instead of out on bail, would not have been able to kill my dad. But, because he was out, he ran a red light at over 70 mph and hit my dad's car broadside.

What's really sad is that this isn't some isolated case or tragic "no one would think something like this could happen" situation. Almost exactly the same thing happened this year to a man I have gone Jeepin with a few times. Accident, ran, blew red light at high speed, killed inocent 58 year old grand dad. :yell: And I am sure there are dozens out there with simular stories.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
lwsmithjr said:
I'm not going to unleash everything that's going through my mind right now, but obviously these guys who cry no harm, no foul have never lost a loved one to a drunk driver.

My dad - the guy who introduced me to dirt bikes - never got to see my kids learn to ride a dirt bike because of a drunk driver. A drunk driver who was in the process of running from the police because of another accident he had just caused less than 3 minutes earlier. A drunk driver who was out on bail and driving with a suspended license from a previous DUI. A drunk driver, who if he had been sitting in jail for 45 days instead of out on bail, would not have been able to kill my dad. But, because he was out, he ran a red light at over 70 mph and hit my dad's car broadside.

A drunk driver is not a six shooter with one bullet --- he's more like a machine gun firing randomly into the air. Sooner or later, someone will get hit.

To Rob, and everyone else who reads this....I hope it's not your dad - or wife - or child.
Sorry to hear this.
An eye opener for me was when I found out my friends Mom got killed by a drunk and then he took the easy way out parked his car on some railroad tracks and committed suicide.

I quit drinking way back in my early 20's :)

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Okiewan said:
If 3 beers put you over the limit, you'd better decide rather it's worth the risk. Simple really, get a ride, cab, whatever, then there's nothing to worry about.

Sad part is most people think it is an inconvenience to have to call a taxi. :|

just_a_rider

Jul 25, 2006
I was brought up in a Christian home but still got caught up with in the ways of the world, I didn't do any thing but drink, none of the other stuff but boy did I drink. Did my mom or dad promote my actions? Absolutely not, it was all about me having my good times with my bro's and my frequently changing gal friends, lucky for me it was the mid 80's and HIV had just hit the scene publicly or I could have been in trouble :whoa:

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
robwbright said:
However, I question any law which pre-emptively takes away a person's freedom when that person has not caused any injury to another person.

600+ people drive under the influence for each person that is pulled over.

If you injury or kill another person due to losing control of your vehicle - for whatever reason that is your fault - you should be subject to severe criminal and civil penalties.

However, arresting people and forcing them to do jail time - for whatever reason - when they have not injured another person is stupid and tyrranical.

Out there somewhere a village is missing an idiot.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
you can disagree with him all you want. Argue your point but do it without stooping to name calling. If you can't do that, chances are your point isn't worth arguing anyway.

friar tuck

Feb 9, 2006
How about if he modifies it to say Most adults who drink regularly, will eventually drive drunk...if that happens offten enough, or maye on the very first run...someone could die. I'd want to die myself if I ever did something like that.

02yz426f

Nov 15, 2006
On the local news, they were throwing such wild acusations at her. On CNN or MSNBC they said she was on cough syrup when pulled over for the DUI. HA! How Guillable can they be!?

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
On CNN or MSNBC they said she was on cough syrup when pulled over for the DUI. HA! How Guillable can they be!?
Wasn't their a Senator who got off with that one after he crashed his car?

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
02yz426f said:
On the local news, they were throwing such wild acusations at her. On CNN or MSNBC they said she was on cough syrup when pulled over for the DUI. HA! How Guillable can they be!?
Well let's see drink about 2 gallons of cough syrup and I might believe that.

Ok now I will agree that most adults who drink socially will at some point drive while over the limit but that does not make it legal. On a typical friday or Saturday night I would guess only a fraction of a percent of all intoxicated drivers are caught and of the ones that get by some will maim or kill innocent people. The goal is to remove as many of these dangers from the road to protect the innocent going about their lives.

To say I have to risk my families and friends safety so someone can over indulge until they hurt someone is ridiculous.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Instead of a breath analyzer they need a idiot analyzer to start her car,and all her money why in the hell would she be driving!!!!And yes cough syrup and sun tan oil are at the top of the list for winos in gary when they can not get the good stuff!

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Rooster said:
And another makes my ignore list. What, in the flying *%$# do her parents have to do with it? If I had a dollar for every time I've heard it was someones parental fault for the actions of a child, I would be sitting in Maui with my toes in the sand and a drink in my hand. People do what they do, not because of how they were raised, but more so, because of their immediate life and the things that go on around them.

Do you seriously think I got a DUI when I was 19 years old because of the way my parents brought me up? NO. I got that DUI because I was out partying with my friends.

Bye bye Vic.

You sure are willing to read a lot into one sentence. And your going to ignore me because I typed one sentence you didn't like? Very mature. Am I on Candid Camera or something? :|

How ever will I go on?
rolleyes.gif

Top Bottom