SGJ_Johansen

Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 28, 2004
Hello,

I know I am really bad about keeping you all updated as to what I am doing. There is so much that I can't tell you over the internet, but I will have some war stories to share with you all over a campfire and a beer or 2 or 3. I am doing well and I am in high spirits.

As far as I know we have about 117 days left in Iraq, a week or so in kuwait, then back to Ft Dix. There is a outside chanch that we will be home for Christmas.

We had 2 weeks in July where it was over a 120 each day, the lows would drop into the 90's at night. Thank goodness for AC. We finally hit the high 70's 2 days ago in the early morning 78 at 0530, 94 at 1000 and 119 at 1633 (4:30).

I do go to MTR every day and read what has been going on, who is doing what. The trail reports are great and help keep the daydreaming at a peak.

I had bought the kids each KX-100's this spring. They have only rode them a couple times as they say "its not the same with out dad here" and mom is not pushing them to ride. There might be to much of a :yikes: factor there as well after coming of a JR 80.

The low point of this whole deployment is missing all the work of helping with the Jack Pine. But even more so is the missing spending time with you my friends eating dust, hitting trees, falling in waterholes, roosting CRF's, getting roosted by Mike M, eating FredT burgers, seeing Mike M Sr smilling face in the mornings at LMC, mushrooming with Badgerman, chatting with KTMmike, wicking it up with smitdog, and just having a good time will all the guys, and gals at the trailfest.

Hmmm...think its about time to have spring 06 reunion ride.

Good luck to all the racers at Jack Pine next weekend and smooth trails to everyone else.

Roost on :boss:
Brian

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Thanks for the update buddy!

It' been hot around here this summer but it sounds like we have no right to complain. We (the family) have not ridden as much this summer either, due to the heat and the gas prices. We are all looking forward to next weekend (80th Jackpine!) but it won't be quite the same without you around. We'll keep you and a Christmas homecoming in our prayers. Thanks for all that you do.

:cool:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Great to hear from you. Thanks to you and your crew for your service to our country. PROPS to ALL. All of your friends and family wish you were home but WE all understand your duty and support you.

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Brian, I'm glad to hear your spririts are up. We ALL appreciate and thank you for what you're doing over there for us, and the people of Iraq. Take care, and I hope to see you on the trail in the spring.

ChopperDave

It's been awhile...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 1, 2004
God Bless you Brian and all those like you!

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Glad to hear from ya Brian. I roosted a tree in your honor out to Ceder Creek today. hang tough you will be home soon.

120deg....Sheesh.. I cant even imagine that.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Brian
We missed ya too helping with JP, we have an awesome event this year and I am proud of it, it is the best one I can remember. Thanks for keeping our freedome strong and be safe. Good luck coming home for X mas.
Freddy

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
Brian - Although you will miss JackPine, some of us are working to see that your family is represented over that weekend. It is the least I can do. Your part as a guardian angel is always in mind.

Young Ted

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Brian,
glad to hear all is well. THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO! Stay safe. I will take some bark off a tree for you this weekend. looking forward to riding with you again.
Don

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Brian - great to hear from you! We sure are all a bunch of wimps whining about 103 at the Moose - 120! that is HOT!

We will all miss ya at the Jpine! I to will knock some bark off a few trees for you, and chances are I will eat quite a bit of dust (I just cant stay in front of SmitDog these days - and I think I am on his row again!)

Hang tough - and THANKS!

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Good to hear from you. Sounds like you've had the real heat! Keep your head down and you'll be home soon. I look forward to your stories. The first or second round is on me! :aj:

CPT Jack

~SPONSOR~
Jun 27, 2000
Are you in Anaconda?

SGJ_Johansen

Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 28, 2004
CPT Jack,

I was in LSA Anaconda from 04 Feb 05 through 30 Jun 05. I am currently in Al Taqadumm. We call it TQ. I will be here untill the end of my tour.

Brian

CPT Jack

~SPONSOR~
Jun 27, 2000
No more swimming pool for you. :bang:

TQ is Marine territory isn't it? What's your MOS. I ran KBR Yard @ Anaconda for 9 months. PITA!

G/L man. Have you posted your APO so that we can all send you motorcycle mags?

Stay cool brother!

Top Bottom