fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
I have received my first inquiry about Trailfest 2006. I am planning this event for October and after reviewing the enduro schedules for D15 and D 17, I think October 21 and 22 would work...two weeks before the two day enduro in Goshen, IN. I realize not everyone rides the enduro series, but I DO!
We are working on the Jack Pine and Pine Cone at this time, but this work could generate some new opportunities for Trailfest. I will start working on the permit application in August and more information will follow.
Here is a new idea....anyone interested in PRE-ENTRY to Trailfest? Yes Magoo, I will give you the starting position that you desire - IF you show up.
In the past I have borrowed money from LMC to pay for permits and other expenses. Pre-entry would allow the Michigan Trail Riders to pay for the event. Just a thought...maybe a bad idea.

Let me know your thoughts on the third weekend in October and the pre-entry idea.

Mike

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
I think that with LMC gracious enough to host the event on their property, I'd be more than happy to pay a pre-entry fee.

October 21 & 22 sound good to me.

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
If I pre-pay will I get special considerations?
Don

salgeek

Oct 2, 2003
That is a good weekend to have it. We will be there. Let me know where to send the check and I'll drop it in the mail.

October is really shaping up!
7/8 CCC color tour
14/15 CCC dual sport
21 LMC Trailfest
22 GNCC - Crawfordsville [watching - not riding]

Last edited:

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
That weekend looks good from my perspective. Please reserve row thirty-two for the four of us.

No problem with the pre-payment scheme. We would be more than happy to do so.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Dude, if you pre-enter from LA, get yourself here and we will find you an orange bike. It would be good to see you again! However, unless a hurricane stronger than Katrina could pick up your state and drop it on the north side of the Mackinaw bridge, I can do nothing about the distance.
If anyone is planning to go to Jack Pine, I will accept pre-entries for Trailfest at that time. Otherwise, let's wait until August.
Magoo, no problem reserving camp sites for Trailfest...Jack Pine that is another story.
Special considerations....enduro trail, Fred's food (all you can eat), and memories that last forever. What more can you ask for? Good weather...where is Rickshaw?

salgeek

Oct 2, 2003
UP Magoo said:
Ha! I'm all about the "Special Considerations!"

How about we offer Briggs Racing any number they want. Seems fair to me considering the ribbing going on and the favortism shown at kalkaska... I'll leave it at that. And yes, I'm sensitive about it... And No, I'm not being sarcastic.

Too bad the solution was so draconian. Lottery sucks. [save me the 'I told you so' horse****]. How about letting people pick but NOT offering favors to _____ I'll save my breath for when I come across a bog/Marsh on the trail. ;)

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
UP Hurricane is all the empty beer cans blowing down the street after the weekend. They estimate damage by how many cans are lost. :nener:

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
salgeek said:
How about we offer Briggs Racing any number they want. Seems fair to me considering the ribbing going on and the favortism shown at kalkaska... I'll leave it at that. And yes, I'm sensitive about it... No, I'm not being sarcastic.

Too bad the solution was so draconian. Lottery sucks. [save me the 'I told you so' horse****]. How about letting people pick but NOT offering favors to _____ I'll save my breath for when I come across a bog/marsh on the trail. ;)

WRONG THREAD!!!! Trailfest is not about racing and favors are allowed at this event. Please do not hijack this thread.

salgeek

Oct 2, 2003
fatherandson said:
WRONG THREAD!!!! Trailfest is not about racing and favors are allowed at this event. Please do not hijack this thread.

agreed - but I didn't start the sarcasim... just participating. :nod:

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
fatherandson said:
and favors are allowed at this event.

Sal,

If you want favors, you gotta bring food. Cookies seem to work really well but that bar is set pretty high. You may wanna try brownies. Oh, don't waste your time baking a rum cake either........the competition is too stiff.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
The favors do involve some history and Trailfest tradition....Badgerman cookies and Freddie at the grill are on top of the list.

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
Fred T said:
UP Hurricane is all the empty beer cans blowing down the street after the weekend. They estimate damage by how many cans are lost. :nener:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

DW

salgeek

Oct 2, 2003
We [my wife] makes a good rum cake and I will bring one. What kind of cookies do you all want?

on second thought... in the spirit of fitting in - what would you like me to bring... food wise?

... on a side note:
just put new rubber on the front Pirelli MT83.
several of the knobs were torn off the S12.

Last edited:

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
salgeek said:
We [my wife] makes a good rum cake and I will bring one. What kind of cookies do you all want?

Man, you are walking on thin ice there. I once saw Young Ted pour a can of whoop-azz on a fellar who attempted a game of rum cake one-upmanship. It wasn't a pretty site. I am not sure if the doctors ever found Ted's right Hipoint. As a result, he had to buy a new pair of boots.

;)

Top Bottom