Alessi probably out for Glen Helen - KTM spit him off

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
From racerxill.com

September 8, 2004

Mike Alessi is likely out for Glen Helen

Racer X has learned that Mike Alessi suffered a crash yesterday near his home in Apple Valley, California, and suffered a small fracture in his shoulder while testing his new KTM 450. According to his father, Tony, Mike clipped a branch while testing with Red Bull/KTM team manager Larry Brooks and crashed. (The track had not been used by the family since the World Mini GP, and had become overgrown.) Alessi was hoping to follow up his sensational third-place finish last weekend on a privateer Honda CRF450R with another top-five finish, only this time on a KTM, but now probably won't be able to go at what would have been his home national because he had trouble holding on to the bike when he tried to ride some more after the crash. Stay tuned to Racer X Online for more details.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
ktmdad said:
He was going so much faster on the KTM that he tried to jump over the tree. lol

And he came up a little short :moon:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
The KTM threw him into a tree. Just because.

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Reactions:

Larry Brooks :yikes:

Tony Alessi :ohmy:

Super Rat :bang:

KTM 450SX :nener:

Me :rotfl:

steve125

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
Chili said:
Man talk about a nightmare for Brooks. Everyone is waiting to blame the bike and the kid get's tossed the first week.

Looks like the wait is over! :) and I hate waiting :rotfl:

TheGrinch

Nov 26, 2000
oldguy said:
According to Tony Alessi he knows this was a conspircy cooked up between Honda, Alloy Gear , that stewart brat and all the big bad 250 riders to keep Mikey from another podium this week

I think they must have been sneaking onto the property at night and injecting fertilizer laced with steroids into the tree to enhance branch growth knowing that the branch would then overhang the track and knock Mike of the KTM :think:

Damn conspiracies!

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
You see it goes like this...KTM actually HATES MX and everybody that has anything to do with it. They LOVE off-road, dez, ISDE and treat the woods riders very well. But, they can't stand the way MXer's used to pick on their bikes and now they are systymatically maiming them...relegating the victims to a life of Kawazuki commercials and local parts counter positions. Heed these warnings, Alessi and "Skippy the Brain, ie Dad :joke: " are next in line for the curse

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
oldguy said:
According to Tony Alessi he knows this was a conspircy cooked up between Honda, Alloy Gear , that stewart brat and all the big bad 250 riders to keep Mikey from another podium this week

I heard it was actually Stewart disguised like a tree. :ohmy: Or maybe a bush. ;) I knew somehow it had to be a bush's fault. :yikes: :rotfl:

Or it coulda' been karma. :cool:

Senior KX Rider

Super Power AssClown
Nov 9, 1999
Its Official

racerx

It's official: Mikey's out for Glen Helen
-press release-

After a nice showing at the Steel City national, where Mike landed on the podium (third overall) in the company of both Ricky Carmichael and Kevin Windham, Mike hurt his arm on Tuesday while riding in the desert, after clipping a tree.

X-rays did not show anything other then a small fracture in the rear of his left arm, but we feel the demands of the Glen Helen race track will require Mike to be at full strength for this event. We have chosen to have him sit out this week, and most likely the next two weekends from racing.

Mike will however attend the celebrity bowling tonight (Thursday night) at the ConcourseBowl and will be also be attending the autograph signing at Chaparral on Friday afternoon.

Mikey-boy will be around the KTM factory pits Saturday and Sunday at the Glen Helen nationals and all are welcome to stop by to see his new factory KTM race bikes and meet Mike in person. We thank all the supporters out there for being behind Mikey and look forward to meeting as many of you all as possible this weekend, and in the near future.

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
Oh my God, what a wuss. Where's freakin' Hannah when you need him? I'd love to hear him rip up this kid! Celebrity bowling? Celebrity? Kid hasn't won a pro race, and has missed more races than he's raced. Additionally, didn't RC race an entire recent season with a broken scaphoid? Very, very damn painful and puts you at risk of necrosing the bone and losing it forever.

It's clear he'll only show if everything is perfect for him. No slight injuries/bad sleep/no racing if he misses his Flintstone's vitamins. I had respect for him, but not now. The description of that injury sounds very medically bogus. A 'small' fracture in the shoulder? There are no small fractures in the shoulder, and by the time something like that happens, you've destroyed cartilage and torn tendons. Sounds like another dishonest publicity stunt. :|

steve125

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
nephron said:
Oh my God, what a wuss. Where's freakin' Hannah when you need him? I'd love to hear him rip up this kid! Celebrity bowling? Celebrity? Kid hasn't won a pro race, and has missed more races than he's raced. Additionally, didn't RC race an entire recent season with a broken scaphoid? Very, very damn painful and puts you at risk of necrosing the bone and losing it forever.

It's clear he'll only show if everything is perfect for him. No slight injuries/bad sleep/no racing if he misses his Flintstone's vitamins. I had respect for him, but not now. The description of that injury sounds very medically bogus. A 'small' fracture in the shoulder? There are no small fractures in the shoulder, and by the time something like that happens, you've destroyed cartilage and torn tendons. Sounds like another dishonest publicity stunt. :|

I really have my doubts if his 450 even locked up in the 2nd moto at Millville. It was way to convenient. Looked to me that he just stomped the rear brake on the back straight and said it locked. It was like he didn't even care. :debil:

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Senior KX Rider said:
racerx

It's official: Mikey's out for Glen Helen
-press release-

Mike hurt his arm on Tuesday while riding in the desert, after clipping a tree.
He must have hurt his arm "clipping the tree" at home because trees don't grow in the desert. It was probably meant to read as After eating desert, Mike hurt his arm when his dad told him to go "clip" the tree in the yard before you go riding. :rotfl: :joke:

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
nephron said:
Celebrity bowling? Celebrity? Kid hasn't won a pro race|

I would not classify myself as a fan but don't think it's fair to bag on a kid who donates his time to a charitable organization who invited him to the event.

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
I 've gotta admit one thing: Mike has brought excitement back to the MX scene. All the speculation is entertaining, not to mention the drama of seeing who Tony will piss off this week. The saga continues.........

Top Bottom