dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Good race!

Dungey dominated his heat, and was able to keep the pace in the main longer than Hill and Stewart. Once Dungey got into the lead, it was pretty much over.

Nice ride by Hill. He did not impress much last year, but he seems to have regained the promise he showed a few years ago.

What happened to Villopoto? He had his hands full with Brayton.

As for the coverage, I'll say Emig and Shaheen were better than they usually are. IOTW, they were BAD, but not HORRIBLE like they often are.

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
Still a long way to go . . .

. . . but it's beginning to look like Dungey will have to crash out of a race for anyone to beat him for the title.

I wondered what would happen when we got to a race where Dungey didn't pull the holeshot - he sure answered that question today!

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
robwbright said:
Still a long way to go . . .

. . . but it's beginning to look like Dungey will have to crash out of a race for anyone to beat him for the title.

I wondered what would happen when we got to a race where Dungey didn't pull the holeshot - he sure answered that question today!
As good as he looks I still don't think he will run up front of a healthy Stewart (or Reed) for long. I would love to see him kep dominating but don't really believe he has hit that stage yet

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
I was a hung jury on Dungey, till today. He has it! All 3 of them seemed they had their hands full, at different times. That pass Hill made in the whoops on Stewy, Hill bull dozing through the track, outstanding! I really expected RV to do better also, the wrist still? Short was on fire, and burned out quick. The track looked killer for the rain they had, nice job. I have yet the time to watch the lites. They had the top 10 within 1 second of each other for overall best time. Great racing, and no drama! Vintage Bob

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Smart racing by Dungey, although a healthy JS will have more speed (if HE rides smart)... we may see some good battles.
Hear anything of Morias? Boy, his fall looked nasty!

Last edited:

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Got to watch the lites, I sure hope Morias is okay! What a viscous crash, and right on his back! Nobody out here can keep it on 2 wheels and give Weimer a run for his money? Not even Hansen? Vintage Bob

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Morais has a bruised lung and bladder and is expected to miss a few rounds, hoping to be back for the final 2 west rounds according to twmx.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
I seen some place about how he has broke nothing. Wow, that part is good news! Bruised guts and inflamed discs do come back to haunt you when you get older, seemingly? If I had to choose which way to crash, see it coming or not. I want to see it! Vintage Bob

YamaB

Apr 2, 2004
There is still a LOT of racing left to go this season... so ANYTHING can happen. Hill looked really good, but I see him more as a guy who will probably occasionally pop up on the podium as opposed to being there nearly every week. Stewart will be the man to beat once he gets healthy. RV will surely pick up a lot of speed as he gets his health and conditioning back to where it needs to be. Dungey is looking REALLY good. A far cry from the guy who basically handed a gift wrapped lites championship to "J-Law". As a rookie, I still expect him to have some "off" nights. IMHO, how "off" those nights are combined with how quickly JBS gets back up to speed will determine who will get the championship.

YamaB

Apr 2, 2004
Chili said:
Morais has a bruised lung and bladder and is expected to miss a few rounds, hoping to be back for the final 2 west rounds according to twmx.

Just watching that crash hurts... I was worried he might have broken his back the way he violently smacked that jump.

Top Bottom