Any chance of a Dirtweek this year?

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
I'm in.....I don't care where it is, as long as it's not here! And Swift, I think you just opened a huge can of worms, I'd be game for bouncing around as long as we had a relatively close "base camp"...wish I was closer and could come out and help you...Matt

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
YZ165 said:
I'm in.....I don't care where it is, as long as it's not here! And Swift, I think you just opened a huge can of worms, I'd be game for bouncing around as long as we had a relatively close "base camp"...wish I was closer and could come out and help you...Matt
Everything is really close. There are local accomadations within 5 miles. Several car washes, laundry, grocery and convenience stores. If we are not racing, I don't see a huge issue with noise but the nite time poker run would likely not happen. Plenty of wood for bomb fires from all of the clearing that I've been doing and if the weather cooperates, there will even be a good pond to hold a CRF!;) Portojohns are easy and I KNOW how to build showers. The can of worms can probably be had too.

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
Organized or disorganized I can't imagine not having a good time when the gang gets together. I really missed not being to the last two DW's so when DW06 wasn't I was tripplely bummed.

Possible Dates?

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Okiewan said:
You've been to any of the 6 previous DirtWeeks? :p

Nope, but I'd be more inclined if it were more of the way Pat described it vs. all kinds of sponsors and stuff. Thus why I posted my previous comment.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Green Horn said:
Nope, but I'd be more inclined if it were more of the way Pat described it vs. all kinds of sponsors and stuff. Thus why I posted my previous comment.
You'd also have to remove the paddle tire from what.... 3 or 4 years ago? ;)

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
KelvinKDX said:
Organized or disorganized I can't imagine not having a good time when the gang gets together.

You said it!!!! :cool:

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
Patman said:

And the even bigger question.... Will it run? :whoa:

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Sponsors? We don't need no stinkin' sponsors. It was never about the prizes, or races, anyway.

Keep it loose, keep it fun.

Set a date and a location, and they will come.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
LoriKTM said:
And others will moan about the date or how far it is from them :laugh:

junkjeeps

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2001
LoriKTM said:
Keep it loose, keep it fun.

You said all right there! Keep it simple, set a date and they will come. I thoroughly enjoyed the one DW I got to attend and was equally bummed when DW'06 was cancelled. :cool:

DougRoost

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2001
BSWIFT said:
... if the weather cooperates, there will even be a good pond to hold a CRF!;)

That was hilarious! Not sure he'd want to make that an ongoing tradition, though (I still can't believe that bike ran as well as it did afterwards).

Sounds like an awesome project you've got going there, Brian. I think it's what we'd all like to have if we had the property, time, help, etc. I know you have some good "brothers" up there who can help you, but if you think hitting it hard for a weekend or 2 would help, some of us on the outskirts would probably be able to come up and help with the work, too.

Doug

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
I always intend to go. I'm the only nephrologist (kidney doc) west of Wichita in Kansas, and so I only leave town when there are no kidney type patients in the hospital. I don't have any coverage. This isn't the only 'planned' vacation I've canceled at the last minute.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
The sponsors and prizes have never been a lure to me. I just see that as fluff to the real deal. Although scoring a $250 helmet did feel pretty good, I have came away from each DirtWeek with the same satisfaction, whether I was carrying out lots of goodies or not.

The stories we've told, meals we've shared, and tires we've rubbed have overshadowed any of the giveaways we have had, IMO.

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
Kinda still waiting for a response of some type. I dont care about the prizes, or sponsors.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
I'd be happy if someone would pick a date and then we could all sort of show up. No need to have it called DWeek. Just a bunch of friends gathering for a good ride. Don't know if it's that simple, sure wish it was though.

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
My ability to attend would be directly related to how far I have to drive to get there, but I won't moan, whine, or otherwise complain if it's too far. In all fairness, somewhere in the North Central US area would be convenient to more people, but alternating east, central, west each year would allow more people to attend. It's a format similar to Yamaha's Star Days.

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Patman said:
Nope, the paddle will be perfect for a grass track. :cool:

And the even bigger question.... Will it run?

Yep, put some fresh gas in it and it'll run just as good as the day I bought it from Pat. LOL
[No joke, I reset the odometer to zero when I bought it from him. Last I checked it has 88 miles on it and I haven't ever reset the odo since that first time. Ah...so are/ were the good intensions.]

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
THIS POST HAS BEEN EDITED!

With all seriousness, if the weather cooperates, I could likely host a gathering. 22 acres will hold many tents and trucks. For those that have made the trip to Cooperland in the past, I'm literally 45 mins east. The track north of me has been closed. I can call the owner of the property with the tight woods loop (3 miles away) with a pretty good likelyhood of getting access. There is the "island" and it is approximately 15 miles away.
To the best of my knowledge, if this is a gathering of friends and family, there are no permits necessary. Some rules and guidelines simular to DW would be needed and slightly modified to compensate for the close proximaty of neighbors(many of whom ride).

Last edited:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom